in which ginger spice marries

Ginger has indeed become bridezilla. The winter is mellowing out, and the sun is shining a little brighter.

She doesn't want a Valentine's day wedding, but instead she wants to marry our OB/GYN a week after. Luke, his hair a shiny blond, stays at his mother's house last night while Ginger and her eight months pregnant self makes the final touches for her big day in the morning.

This morning.

This hectic morning.

"Rosemary!" Tears stream down Ginger's chubby face. She's always had a baby face, but being eight months pregnant isn't helping.

Oops. Did I just say that?

Yes. Yes I freaking did. Because she's driving me crazy.

"Yes, lovely sister o' mine? Yes?" My hands clasp together in the most sarcastic of ways as I wait for her to cry out another complaint to me.

Instead of right away telling me what she wants, she decides to drag me through Mother's house, out the side door, and onto the main street. Her sausage fingers jester to the front of the house. Streamers and balloons litter the place, letting everyone know they're a wedding going on.

"These are all wrong!" She points to nearly each and every detail of the set up. "There's no way people will feel welcomed if the balloons are black!"

I shoot her the side eye. "Your wedding theme is "Black and White Hollywood" for goodness sake!"

Our small argument is tossed to the side as Clover's car pulls into the driveway. Clover all the kids to pick up the cake. There was absolutely no need to take all four children with him, but it was when Ginger was screaming about needing warm apple juice that Clover decided to take them all.

God above. Save us all.

➖✖➖

Ginger is glowing as she shows her man off to all her guests. Person after person goes up to congratulate her on her upcoming motherhood, of course, and her new relationship status.

Basil and Primrose dance the night away in their itchy attire. Fredrick and James join the brother sister duo half way through the party, insisting on the two trying the cake. This being our second wedding in less than nine months, my children aren't so keen on the idea. But with the promise of chocolate milk the two follow their cousins with a skip in their steps.

Watching all this happiness radiating around has me completely sure of one thing: I do not ever want to get married.