The Lion

As we continued along the yellow brick road, we eventually entered a dark forest where everything was teeming with life. Unconsciously, I found myself gripping Tin Man's tarnished arm. Upon realizing this, I let go, only to feel his smooth hand gently brush my hands back down. I hardly dared to look him in the eye, knowing very well my whole face was ruby red.

Just when it seemed we were getting nervous over nothing, a lion jumped out and scared us to different areas. I was clinging to Dorothy's side. The lion frightened all of us but it was Toto who stood up to him and the lion ended up getting slapped by my big sis. (Atta girl sis!)

As he started to tell us about himself, I crept back into the open and rushed to Tin Man's side, just to be safe. Noticing this, he smiled warmly and took my hand. A friendly gesture that made me wonder how he truly felt for me.

When Lion came along with us, I couldn't help smiling at how wonderful we all looked together. And as we skipped, I couldn't be help paying close attention to how lovingly Tin Man held my hand. At some point, I asked him why.

"Why not? You're the most delightful girl I've ever had the honor to meet." When he winked, I giggled playfully but couldn't help wondering if this was just innocent flattery or something a bit more...complicated.