Rory

I woke up in my bedroom , the room where I grew up in not so long ago , greeted by the morning sun shining in through the  dirty window . I was staying at home with mom , I had just finished covering obamas campaign trail and now I didn't have a job , but I was sure I'd find something eventually , I just needed time to settle down . Get back to reality .

Mom and I  were going at Luke's for a coffee . Lorelai ranted to me this morning and told me she needed coffee to get her through the hour , the day , her life even . She was known to be a tad bit dramatic , but I loved her for that and so did all of Stars hollow , barring Mrs Kim of course .

I took my hair out of a messy bun , put on a bit of lipgloss , changed into my Yale sweatshirt which was possibly the comfiest sweatshirt in existence might I say and I paired that with my black jeans  . I didn't look amazing but it was just Lorelai .. and Luke , and miss patty , and babette .. okay practically the whole town but who cares I guess

I entered Luke's and sat at the counter thinking about my order , I was just gonna order a donut but I wanted to be different today .
"Rory what can I get you " ? said Luke , seeming a little more enthusiastic than usual .
" Well I'll have a coffee and - "
"A coffee and a donut coming write up"
"No , why would you just assume I would be having a donut , am I a predictable person , do I seem like one , you know I can change things up sometimes -" i shot back , maybe a little too feisty but Luke knew me .
"No donut then got it "
" I'll take the donut , make it two , for me and for my other friend Trixy  also known as me " Lorelai said with a grin on her face .
"Finished ordering yet Rory ?"
" Yes I have decided on the - "

And then I saw him , casually entering the diner from Luke's apartment . Jess .  Jess Mariano . He looked at me with wide eyes and I freaked out , I shouldn't ,  me and Jess aren't together and that relationship ended years ago , but -
"Hi " he said
"Hi "I replied
"Hi"
"Hi"
Okay this was getting weird , I was having deja vu . Last time the " hi " situation happened was when Jess and I first started going out , I felt the same as I did then , I had butterflies in my stomach . As crazy as that might sound , I did . I hadn't seen jess in a while and every time I did it was like I'd fall for him all over again . But I wouldn't take action on these feelings , as much love as I felt for him .. I didn't trust him , not yet . After everything that's happened with us I just .. can't . I can see he's changed but I just don't know if I can trust him yet . I mean I can tell him absolutely anything and I feel myself around him but I'm afraid he'll leave , That's what he's best at .

I was getting way ahead of myself though .

Me and Jess broke up years ago and he's probably moved on and is dating some hot blonde that looks like something out of clueless . Anyways I shouldn't even be thinking about this .

" Rory ? Rory are you with us , hello your order please " said Luke
"Right my order I'll have a takeaway donut "
Luke laughed " coming write up "
Luke handed me the donut and I sprung up off my chair dragged my mother with me who begged me to let her get her coffee .

"What was all that about " she said with a pout plastered on her face
"Nothing i just want to go home "
" You flew out of there like quicksilver , Is something up " I tilted my head so I didn't have to look her in the eye
" Jess , right i should have known , you've still got the hots for him "lorelai sniggered
"No I have not got the hots for jess you're mad " which was pure lies but I didnt want to admit it .
"You so have " Lorelai laughed
" Can we just forget about this " I said
"Alright honey  lets go home "