Rory

"Mom ?! Are you crazy ? " I yelled at her while slamming the door behind me .We had just arrived home from Luke's after she had the sudden urge to invite Jess over for dinner .

"What ?! I invited him and Luke over for dinner ! Big deal ! What happened between you and Jess the other night .. ? I can see it's bugging you , just tell me Rory "

I stayed silent while she interrogated me further , I should tell her , I know , but I felt like it would make the situation feel more real , and the truth is .. I just don't want to accept that what happened the other night can't happen again . I really wanted to kiss him again , so my mom inviting him over here wasn't gonna make my feelings for him go away . It'd make them worse if anything .

"Rory listen to me ! You've been avoiding this topic for the last couple days and I want to know why !? "  Lorelai shouted

"I kissed him ! Okay I kissed him , there I told you " I said almost shouting at her . She stepped back from me .

" Wow , I did not expect that " she laughed to herself as if the matter was in anyway funny .

" There I said it " I clarified to her while crossing my arms and looking down at my shoes that were soaking wet from the heavy rain .

"Well , why is this so bad , dosent it seem like you might be overreacting .. just a little bit .. ? " Lorelai said , she knew that I wasn't telling her everything here .

"Mom , he has a girlfriend , and I kissed him " I said while looking her right in the eye so she'd understand what I was trying to explain to her . My mothers eyes went wide as she stared at me in disbelief .

" Woah , I did not see that one coming either , Hun " she said still seeming quite flustered from the whole situation .

" Yeah .. I didn't know he had a girlfriend , I don't know , he was just sitting there and we were talking and he was looking so good and I just lunged in and I kissed him and he kissed me but then he pulled away and I - " I said trying to cram everything that happened into a second so I wouldn't have to relive the experience any longer .

"Honey , slow down , it's okay .. you didn't know he was with someone . Plus Jess seems perfectly fine to me . I'll go ahead and tell them dinners cancelled okay " she said while putting her arm around me .

I pulled away from her " Mom , no , if we cancel Jess will no I don't want him to come , and that'll be even more embarrassing , it'll seem like I bailed " I said shaking my head again as if my mother was crazy .

"Bailing , De ja Vu huh " Lorelai laughed pointing at me .

" What ? " I asked with my eyebrows furrowed .

"Nothing never mind , Anyways come on Rory he won't know well just tell him you've come down with a terrible case of chicken pox and your dying and .. um .. your turning in to a chicken  . Sorted . " she said confidently .

"Mom , he's Jess , he'll no " I said as if "he's Jess" is an obvious answer . "And you need to brush up on your excuses " I said while walking out of the living room and into my own bedroom .

"Alrighty then , I suppose since " he's jess " your gonna have to go through with it . It'll be fine Rory . "

"Yeah " I replied reassuring myself that it wouldn't be that bad and the only reason I'm acting like this is cause I'm a total nutcase .

- Saturday 7.00 pm -
I looked at myself in the mirror , once again , not feeling overwhelmingly happy with my attire . There was nothing wrong with it , I was wearing a black Cami top tucked into a denim skirt along with my black ankle boots with a slight heel , but nothing I tried on felt right for some reason .. but this would have to do . They would be here any second .

I was pacing around my room like a crazy person - which I kind of was lately - but that's not the point . I felt like I was going to puke . Seeing an ex again may not be such a big ordeal to some but to me it was huge , especially when you still have feelings for him , feelings I wish would go away . Then the all too familiar sound of the door bell ringing reached my ears . They were here .

I rushed to the front door to greet my guests since everyone else's hands were full of plates of delicious food Sookie had made for us

I opened the door , put on my most confident and probably fake smile .

" Hey " I said standing at door smiling like a lunatic .

"Hey " Luke and Jess both said in unison , they were so alike it was scary at times .

Still standing in the empty corridor  , I realised I hadn't invited them in . " Well come in ! " I said gesturing the way with my hands as if they didn't know already .

Jess stopped in his tracks in front of me . He held out a beautiful bouquet of flowers and I smiled , and this time it was real .

" For me ? " I asked
"For you " he replied .

I blushed and took the flowers as I walked into the kitchen with a huge smile plastered on my face .