Familiar Faces

He'd lost track of time. He didn't really care anyway. Who cared what happened to them, or how long they had been apart? Four-eyes could take care of himself; now her...she was a different story. She was helpless, and hopeless. She was probably dead by now. For some reason there was a lurch in his stomach as the rogue thought of her possible fate, "Well shit, guess I'm hungry."

That was his line of reasoning as he made his way into the city of Edo, looking for a place to get a decent meal and a drink. He didn't have much money, well, he'd have to pull a dine and dash, he supposed. Wouldn't be the first time. Dark eyes drifted skyward, to the clouds drifting overhead. It was going to rain, but he didn't need an overcast sky to tell him that. He'd smelled it on the air days ago. "Better find someplace before it starts..."

Finding a cheaper looking tea house, the criminal made his way toward it. Pushing his way in past the curtain, he glanced around, spotting a waitress in a pink kimono. For a moment, he paused, but on second glance, it couldn't be her. This waitress had curves, not the sexiest curves, but at least she wasn't a plank. And rather than a bun held up by chopsticks, her brown hair was in a loose bun that settled at the nape of her neck. He ran a hand through his dark, unruly locks as he proceeded to a table in the back of the establishment.

Damn, that waitress sure was slow. He lofted a brow as he glanced back toward the table near the door, seeing the customer she had been chatting with upon his entrance kissing her, then murmuring something that left the woman in shock. Apparently the idiot broad hadn't even realized that the guy had liked her enough to kiss her, given her reaction. Her murmured reply was a little louder than the quiet statement that had eluded his ears. The voice sounded slightly familiar.

"M-marry?" From the shift in the woman's stance, he could tell she was uncertain. A soft huff of laughter escaped from tanned lips. What a chump that guy was! He wanted a ball and chain, and the girl he was asking didn't even know ahead of time how he felt! Well, screw that!

The well dressed man who had just proposed looked past the waitress, suddenly seeming a bit concerned by the sight of the rogue. Odd. The blue rings around tanned wrists and ankles often had turned people away even before his abrasive personality could, but the former pirate couldn't help notice that the concerned glance shifted between him, and the girl who still hadn't responded to the suggestion of marriage.

"You...you don't have to respond right away..." The pretty boy said with a sigh, trying to remain quiet, though his nerves made him loud enough that he could be heard from where the criminal sat, "I know I asked suddenly...take time to think it over. I just..."

"Oi!" The gruff voice of the wild haired man finally slipped past rough lips, "Lovebirds, hate to interrupt, but what's a guy gotta do to get some-"

He blinked his steely gaze as the waitress turned in stunned silence to stare at him, the sentence left hanging in the air. There was no mistaking those big old doe eyes, or the look of surprised recognition that they held. There was only one person he knew with those eyes, "Well fuck...you grew up some, didn't you, girly?"

It wasn't really happening. Was it? Fuu blinked a couple times, just to make certain that her eyes weren't playing tricks on her, "M-mugen?"

Hiroshi's face shifted into a scowl as his suspicions were confirmed. He thought the rogue had looked similar to the one described in Fuu's stories about her journey four years ago. The young man stood and moved to the waitress' side, eyes sweeping over the new arrival, resisting the urge to put an arm around Fuu, to claim her as his own so that the pirate wouldn't get any ideas about rekindling an old fling, or whatever they had had.

"In the flesh, girly." Mugen replied with a smirk, leaning back in his seat and folding his arms behind his head. He couldn't help letting his dark eyes slide over his old traveling companion's figure. She didn't have much to brag about, but she at least had something to look at now. A brow lofted as his glance shifted to the man at her side, who's deep brown eyes had narrowed into a harsh glare, "So, who's the pretty boy?"