Missions

Once Wanda had parted from Natasha and Clint when baby Nikolas began to fuss, she went in search of Vision, only to remember that he had been called on to join the team for Steve's mission today. Of all of the days that she had known him, this was the only one that really mattered to her, and the conversation brewing in her mind was torturing her to keep inside. She had to calm it before it manifested into something that her powers would find, and she didn't want anyone to see just how out of character she was feeling. She stumbled into the library, hoping for the peace and quiet that she craved for just a few minutes to find her center.

"Hey, you okay?" Scott asked quietly from a chair at the back of the room. He was sitting in a corner darkened so that she might have missed him if he hadn't spoken up.

"Yes, I'm fine," she lied, taking a step back, "I didn't mean to disturb you, I'll go-"

"No, come on, I could use some company. Truth be told," he offered coyly, "I can't find the light switch."

"FRIDAY, lights please?" Wanda asked softly. When the room was illuminated just enough for him to see the smirk on her lips and the glimmer of humor building in her eyes, she quickly tried to hide them, but it only made her laugh aloud to see the poor guy awash in embarrassment.

"Fine, laugh it up," Scott relented. "I hear it more often than you'd think. I'm always forgetting details like that. Ask me how to break into this joint, and I've got no problem. Turning on the lights? Now that's a stumper." He held his smile for a few seconds, waiting to see if the conversation had come to an end, but as her own brightness began to dim right in front of him, he began to worry. "Seriously, Wanda, are you okay?"

"Do you enjoy being a father, Scott?"

"Huh, that sure came out of nowhere."

"I was having a discussion with Clint and Natasha and I guess I would just like to know your opinion too."

"Hold on, are you and Viz thinking about it?" Scott paused and brought his hand up to his chin, thoughtfully rubbing at the stubble that had grown out since just this morning. "Can he even do that? Does he make that...stuff?"

"Why does everyone have that curiosity?" Wanda huffed, waving him away and turning to leave, but before she could get more than a step away, he had her arm in his hand to hold her there, which she didn't fight. "There is more to this than just the physiology, Scott, which is likely the easiest part from what I've seen in raising a child."

"Yeah, I can tell that you've never given birth. Physiology is fairly terrifying at that point. Of course, my last run at being a part of that was on the floor of the living room with your boyfriend's head up (Y/N)'s skirt..."

The two of them sat silently, allowing the words to fade into silence, their eyes drawn to the floor at their feet as they considered them; Scott was replaying that night when your trio was born and he seemed to be the only one who knew what was happening, and Wanda was trying to imagine what it must have been like for Vision to experience that event with his own eyes. It was a strange sensation, jealousy, but she felt it and yearned to know what that part of life was like.

"No," she finally spoke again quietly with a crinkle of her nose in distaste, "he doesn't make that...stuff..."

"So, you'd need a donor?"

"If we were to decide on this, which I haven't brought up to Vision at all, then yes, I imagine that it would be the only way to make it work." Her hands joined together in front of her stomach, wringing with more energy as she let her mind wander, despite her promise that she would keep her emotions in check. Scott was looking at her like he was expecting more, but she didn't know what to say. Until she could speak to Vision, this was a dead topic. "Even if Vision were to agree, there would have to be a very thorough process of choosing someone, and that takes time. This isn't something that is to be taken lightly-"