Home

If you had been told not so long ago that you were creating a very unlikely friendship in Sam and Wade when they had joined you on your mission to find Tony, you never would have believed it. They were nothing alike, and their egos and attitudes were certain to clash at every turn, and they did. But despite that, something between the two of them worked and they had a mutual respect for each other despite their manner together; so much so that Sam had called on Wade to meet for a very specific reason.

"Alright, my aesthetically inferior friend," Wade smiled, "when's the big day?"

"We haven't decided yet," Sam answered with a shrug. "We managed to convince (Y/N) to plan this for us, so it's kinda up to her. We needed the push."

"Excellent choice, my friend. That girl can run control freak on just about anything, that little minx." Wade reached out and took each of their beer bottles in hand, raising them into the air with a gentle shake and a clink of the glass to signal Weasel to throw him two more. "But come on, I have to make sure my calendar is clear for this momentous occasion. I've been freelancing a lot lately, and word's getting around. I'm in demand, baby."

"Oh, so you assume that you're invited?"

Wade gasped aloud and released the bottles in his hand, letting them smash to the floor as he stared at Sam with his mouth agape in shock. His breathing got so ragged that Sam thought that the man might actually cry and this wasn't just an act. He started to think that he had really just shredded Wade's heart. "Oh my god...you...you wouldn't," Wade finally whispered.

"Nah, I'm just screwing with ya," Sam waved dismissively. He took the new beer from Weasel and took a long drink, watching the two men argue about the shattered glass on the floor and who should have to clean it up. The man was obnoxious and loud, inappropriate and crude, but even with that, Sam was certain that he had made the right choice in his newest friend. "Actually, how do you look in a tux?"

"Hot as fuck, bro. Look at me!" Wade exclaimed without missing a beat, jumping up with no care to the glass all around him and spinning slowly for Sam to get a full view with maybe a little too long of a stop to see his backside. "I'm offended that you would even ask, man. We were practically naked in the jet together amidst all of this glory."

Sam nearly choked and spit his drink back into the bottle as he took a sip, "when were we ever?"

"After (Y/N) puked on you and I walked through that diarrhea-nasty mud pit."

"Right...I guess I blocked that part of my life. That woman has puked on me so many times that I'm starting to think its personal."

"Pfft, that's not true. She's just mean," Wade snickered, returning to help Weasel only to stop almost immediately and continue the conversation. He turned back to Sam slowly, a hand raised in question, his head cocked to the side as he fell into his confusion. "Hold up. Why do I need a tux?"

"I can't have a groomsman dressed like that," Sam answered matter-of-fact, "although, maybe the mask wouldn't be a bad idea."

~~~

Steve's need for a minute alone had turned into a few hours alone, and he never emerged from the gym before you decided to finally leave, believing that maybe he didn't want you to be waiting. He knew that you were sitting in the hallway patiently for him to have the time that he wanted, but this had been so long now that the message was clear. Sometimes the only thing that Steve could do when his emotions got the best of him was to punch it out; sometimes that would take much longer than he anticipated and many more bags destroyed than he might have planned on.