|4| "jug?"

I look around and see Veronica Lodge sitting alone in a booth, luckily she didn't go back to her Archiekins and stood her strong. "Jug? What are you doing here?" I heard her say while motioning for me to come over to her booth. "Looking for you actually Ronnie." I replied with a smirk. I climbed over around her and took a fry off of her plate. "I heard what he did to you and you don't deserve it, we went from a nod in the hallway to now and I really, I- uh I care about you." I stuttered out. "I care about you to Juggie," I smiled and looked down. "I'm rea- really glad we're friends." I said nervously. She looked down her facial expression just barely changing from a smile to a slight frown. Realizing I hurt her I ordered a double chocolate milkshake for her maybe even us to share. "Thank you jughead," she responded. As the milkshake came with one straw she asked for another that was one thing I didn't expect from her. "Here we should share!" I took the cherry off the top about to eat it when I heard the slight ding and see Archie walk in. I whisper to Ronnie "Archie is here" "thank you" she replies quickly hurting off to the restroom. "Hey man have you seen Veronica?" "No" I say trying to cover up the lie. "Then who are you sharing this with?" "Um nobody just with 2 straws you get extra milkshake" I stammered out "Oh yea obviously... then what's Veronica's jacket doing here, and her phone!?" He yelled. "Okay fine, I'm just comforting her and she didn't want to see you..." I slowly said. He picked me up by my collar and yelled "where is she?" "Uhm she left," he realized that he had me by my collar and let go "sharing a milkshake I see, maybe a little more than some comfort?" He said and walked out. I slumped down in my seat and sighed was this girl really worth it? I thought, I looked over to see the raven haired girl walking over with a smile, "thank you juggie, and I saw what happened I'm so so sorry." She said with a half smile half frown. "No problem Ronnie" I said as she slid into the seat, a milkshake and some fries later we were 2 people in a booth a man head over heels for the gorgeous girl next to him.