blue

a/n: the beginning of this chapter's a little too fast, but the ending turned out alright. ;)

taehyung woke up wrapped up in unfamiliar blankets with the scent of strawberries clouding his head.

"yoongi's couch smells like strawberries."

he rolled over onto his side murmuring to himself.

"actually, it's my bed. and i have strawberry scented laundry detergent."

taehyung's eyes shot open and he jolted out of bed, blinking rapidly at the sight of yoongi sitting on the floor beside him.

"where did you sleep?"

"the couch."

"generous bastard. should have given me the couch," taehyung said, rubbing his eyes and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. "why are you so nice to me?"

"shut up and get dressed," yoongi said, completely ignoring taehyung's words. at that, taehyung sulked and looked to yoongi with questioning eyes.

"get dressed for what? it's eight in the morning."

"we're going out today."

"where?"

"just get ready, starboy."

* * *

two hours into the drive, taehyung groaned and stretched his legs along the dashboard of yoongi's car.

"why are we going so far?" he whined, earning a nonchalant, uninterested scoff from yoongi. they were in the middle of what taehyung thought of as absolutely nowhere.

the road was void of cars and there was no other sign of life whatsoever other than the dainty, lonely looking trees that lined the road.

"if you're kidnapping me, just kill me quick," taehyung said. "maybe a gun to the head or something. nothing slow, i've had enough of that."

"starboy, i'm not going to kill your pessimistic ass," yoongi retorted. "if anything kills you, it'll be the lack of your will to live."

"fair."

an hour more into the drive was when the ugly trees and lifeless roads started turning into lively city streets.

small stores lined the sidewalks where people walked by with coffees and bagels. trees lay every few feet, decorated at the bottom with colorful flowers and rocks. taehyung leaned forward, taking in the place.

"why are we here?" he asked.

"we're getting lunch. and then we're going somewhere special."

he drove into the parking lot behind a corner convenience store. they stepped out of the car, walking into the streets.

the city was small. it was somewhat quiet and somewhat less busy than the city streets of seoul that yoongi was used to. people were less rushed. they walked slower and spoke with less austerity, and they seemed more friendly than the hostile people yoongi knew back at home.

yoongi and taehyung went to a small diner and took a seat at a booth. the waitress took their orders and smiled brightly at them, no doubt noticing taehyung's particularly ragged appearance but choosing to ignore it.