alive

^yes i covered serendipity ;) -- it was a pain but im lowkey proud of it so give it a listen if you want :)

final

yoongi gently laid taehyung down on his bed, eyes narrowing at his weak state.

taehyung had completely passed out on their way to his apartment, whether it was from the cold or starvation yoongi didn't know. he looked at peace with his eyes closed, long eyelashes laying upon his face and thick lips set in a small pout as he slept. the boy was freezing cold, no doubt sick with a fever from how his face was burning up so yoongi tucked him under a few thick blankets before wetting a cloth and putting it on taehyung's forehead.

yoongi pulled away the boy's sleeve, slowly and lightly, and he let out a small sigh at the cuts and bruises and the visible bones.

"he needs to take better care of himself," yoongi mumbled to no one in particular as he made his way to the bathroom for gauze and antiseptic. he bandaged up taehyung's wrist quickly, stomach lurching at how easily he could wrap his fingers around the boy's wrist. he told himself to remember to make a big breakfast for him in the morning.

* * *

"yoongi, do you still have that bracelet?"

taehyung smiled when yoongi pulled up his left sleeve to reveal the bracelet with the planet.

"it's a symbol of our friendship, remember?" taehyung added as yoongi scoffed.

"i'm friends with a kid now."

"you know you like me."

yoongi nodded laughing, eyes shaping into crescents. taehyung's eyes were bright for once, living and breathing and not as dull. he had been at yoongi's apartment for three days, sharing clothes with him and walking with yoongi to the convenience store everyday for instant ramen. yoongi liked the company, especially since the company was taehyung.

"hey, starboy? how about we go to that beach again today?"

taehyung stopped eating for a moment to smile at yoongi. "sure. and we'll see the stars?"

yoongi gestured back to taehyung's breakfast. "finish eating, otherwise we won't have time to go to that antique store."

* * *

taehyung blasted the same two songs the whole way to the beach, both too loud for yoongi's liking.

"starboy, can you lower the volume a bit?"

"but this is the good part!"

yoongi cursed under his breath, willing himself to keep focused on the road. he parked in a secluded area by an old bar and spent five minutes convincing taehyung to turn off the music and get out of the car. they headed straight to the antique store taehyung loved.

"this clock is still here!" taehyung said, picking up the old clock. roman numeral numbers decorated the circumference of it and the metal was rusted over, chipped away in the corners. taehyung touched the surface of it, eyes curious and fingers gentle.

"i'll buy it for you if you promise to stay at my apartment."

taehyung smiled. "like i'd refuse," he scoffed. "deal."

afterwards, they bought churros and smoothies at a street vendor and got back in the car to head to the beach. taehyung got out of the car as soon as they got there, eyes widening again at the sea and sand as if he had seen it for the first time all over again. they both sat down on a blanket by the sea, legs spread out and bare feet covered in sand.

"can we come here once a week, yoongs?"

taehyung got up and stepped forward to dip his feet in the water, slightly surprised by how cold it was.

"once a week?" yoongi asked, incredulous. "funny. the first time i brought you here you were complaining about how far it was."

"that was before i knew we were going to a beach," taehyung argued. he was now knee deep in the water. "if i had known i never would have complained."

taehyung then started walking back to the blanket, dragging his feet along the sand and leaving lines and footprints. he crouched down in front of yoongi.

"yoongs, how do my stars look today?"

yoongi looked into taehyung's eyes, burrowing his gaze deep into the dark brown orbs and he once again realized the reason why he called taehyung starboy. the light in the boy's eyes was indescribable, once dead stars back to life: either that or they were new stars altogether.

"they're bright."

"bright?"

"beautiful. breathing."

taehyung grinned. "the sun's starting to set," he said. "there's one little star way up there." he pointed, squinting slightly and lips ajar.

they sat in silence as the sun set more, slowly sinking in the sea, being slowly swallowed by the dark blue water. yoongi spoke first.

"do you still want to die, starboy?"

he vaguely could remember the day he found taehyung dangerously leaning and teetering against the railing of a bridge, no care to the cold air or the cars whizzing past. he remembered how he had to pull the boy away and how he looked into the boy's eyes and saw nothing but a dull, lifeless yearning to die.

"not really," he said. "i guess seeing stars with you kind of makes living worth it."

"can you believe that that's what your eyes look like?" yoongi nodded his head towards the sky, gazing at the thousands of millions of stars hanging in the air.

"can't believe it," taehyung laughed. "eyes are eyes. how do you see that in these?"

"don't know."

taehyung slid beside yoongi, a soft smile still gracing his pink lips. yoongi had never seen taehyung smile so wholefully, had never seen his smile so genuine and real.

"that's a really bright star up there."

taehyung pointed at one star in the sky that was particularly bright. it stood out against the darkness and other smaller stars.

"that one's you, yoongs."

yoongi smiled.

"i like seeing you so happy, starboy."

"me too."

"yoongi, i've always wanted to die so bad,

but if i could see these stars with you again, i'd live.

i'm alright staying alive as long as i can see the stars."

a/n:

aaaaand it's finished!!

this story was a bit of a struggle for me (especially towards the end lmao) but i'm pretty okay with how it turned out.

thank you so so so much for reading!

-bella