Chapter 21

I remember it like it was yesterday, he had his hands in my knotted up hair, while he sang a small tune to himself.

He had just finished taking a shower and his hair was slightly damp, small droplets of water cascading down onto his face and neck.

I was somewhat content then.

Now I'm again in the basement tied up to a cold metal pole with nothing but my body heat keeping me warm.

I started to see things from the corner of my eye hours ago now, I don't have to glance at a certain spot to see dark shadows moving swiftly across the spacious basement.

"Harry," I yelled for the second time as I saw the dark figure again, getting closer as my breaths grew quicker.

"Harry," I shrieked as I began to walk closer to me, fearful tears coming out of my eyes.

"Why are you yelling, why are you yelling," he asked loudly as he flicked the light on harshly.

The figure was now gone, there was nothing in the corner, nothing.

"I'm starting to see things," I told him, looking down at my feet.

"Please H, just let me go upstairs I'm going insane," I begged, tugging at the ropes that restrained me.

"Why should I let you upstairs," he smirked while looking at me.

"Hm, why should I let you upstairs you'll scare the kids I mean, look at you, you look hideous Alexandrea," he said as he shook his head no.

"Please, I'll be good I swear and I'll take a bath I'm freezing down here," I replied while looking around the room. It was always dark down stairs even during the day time. I had no idea whether it was night it day.

Once again he shook his head no before standing to his full height, heading to leave.

"Harry," I whispered as I noticed he was leaving me down there to do nothing but suffer.

"What," he answered harshly making me close my eyes momentarily.

"Can you leave the light on," I told him as I lowered my head.

"No," he said before turning it back off and running back up to the main floor.

Some hours had passed before I started to see things again.

The dark figure had come back, making my eyes widen in horror as it sat down next to me.

I gulped in fright as I saw it's face. It was sporting red paint and sharp teeth. The thing slowly turned to me before smiling widely, showing off it's rotten teeth.

I screamed louder than I thought possible as I enveloped it's arms around me, instantly burning my skin.

I was now shaking from pain as the thing held me tighter in it's grip.

"Alex," I faintly heard Harry call angrily from upstairs as I continued to scream aloud.

A burning sensation was taking over me as my eyes rolled to the back of my head in pain.

Harry was now downstairs pacing back and forth, telling me to calm down.

I wanted to tell him to turn on the damn light but I couldn't speak, I could only feel and it felt like someone had lit me on fire.

He suddenly stopped and flicked on the light, making the burning sensation stop completely.

I stopped screaming however, I didn't stop crying in horror.

"Take me upstairs," was all I said to him as he nodded in response and untied me.

I stood up, silently in pain as I limped past him and up the stairs.