Chapter Four

We stopped for a drive thru on the way at home. When we arrived at the apartment, Carlo and I prepared the food and Brianne and her guy arrange the furniture in the living room to make space and set up the t.v.

"I'm sorry, but what is your bestfriend's name?" I asked Carlos.

"What?" He is surprised by my question. "Why? So you're sure you'll hunt the right man in case he hurt your friend?" He joked.

"That, and it's really inconvenient if I refer to him as you're friend all the time." I smirked.

"Dylan Archers. That's his name. Your friend?" He raised an eyebrow to Brianne.

"Brianne Landings"

"Pleasure to meet her." He offered his hand for a handshake.

"Same here." I shook his hand. We looked at each other then laughed out loud at the weirdness that we are doing.

"What did we miss?" Brianne asked. They approached us after they heard our laughter. Dylan hugged Brianne from behind and she giggled.

"Oh nothing. Since you two are contained in your own bubble, we took the liberty of introducing both of you to us. We don't want to be a bother." I laughed.

She now realized then introduced herself to Carlo and Dylan did the same to me.

"We are so so sorry." Brianne said.

"Nah, it's fine." I waved her off. "Just don't hurt Brianne, okay? If you do, expect what happend to the guy earlier or worse." I winked at him.

"Ana!" Brianne exclaimed.

"I'm with her on this dude. Sorry, girl code." Carlo said and puts his arm on my shoulder. We looked at each other then laughed.

"Seriously man? And GIRL CODE? Come on!" Dylan protested. We both laugh even louder.

"Chill, until there is no harm we're good." I smiled at him. Dylan pouted and Brianne hugged him.

We placed the foods in the floor at the living room. Brianne and Dylan lie on the floor and Carlo and I sat on the sofabed.

"So, what are we watching?" I asked when we are already settled in.

"A walk to remember." Brianne grinned.

"What? How? I threw your copy of that movie-" I quickly realized my slip then her eyes went huge.

"I knew you threw it!" She quickly stood up.

"You know I hate drama! I immediately cry even when the scene's just slightly touchy!"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, so what? We are just the only person here. They said the movie's good and maybe this time you will not try." She shrugged.

I'm aghast. Dylan stood up too. "You're secret's safe with us. We won't judge. Right hon?" He placed his hands on her hip then he kissed her. Urg! What? Payback time already? I haven't even done a thing!

I looked at Carlo. At first he is smiling then when he noticed I'm looking at him, his smiling face is immediately replaced by a poker face but his eyes still has that mischievous gleam.

"Promise." He raised his right hand then did a zipping motion to his mouth.

"See? No one will judge." Brianne said. I grunted then sat on the sofabed.

"Not. A. Word." I each glared at them. I sighed then nod. Brianne giggled.

We watched the whole movie. I started crying when the guy is hospitalized which is pretty much the start of the movie. I cried even more when she is hospitalized and more when she gave Landon her mother's book and I wailed when Jamie's father said that Jamie did in fact witness a miracle which is him. Carlo rubbed my arm and pulled me into his arms when I started crying. It's kinda comforting. I feel safe, secure.

"It's a good movie right?" Brianne asked when the movie is finished.

I nodded. "Next up is The Notebook!" I rolled my eyes. I realized I'm already crying so why not cry all the way?

When I didn't protest Brianne took it as a yes and played the next movie.

When I woke up in the morning I felt I'm sleeping in a hard pillow, something heavy is placed in my belly and I'm hugging something huge. Then I remembered what happened last night. We were watching movies last night. I don't remember much of the second movie; I think I've fallen asleep while crying. My eyes hurt and it felt swollen. When I opened my eyes my heart skipped a beat. I'm face to face with Carlo's handsome sleeping face. I think I would love to get used to this. I smiled.

I gently removed myself from him then quietly went to the comfort room. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.

When I went out of the comfort room, I looked at Carlo and he is still asleep in the sofabed. Brianne and Dylan is probably in her room. The mess last night is thankfully cleaned but the furniture is not in its proper place.

I felt hungry so I went to the kitchen and cooked my specialty. Spicy tuna pasta. I heard some noise in the living room. When I looked, I saw Carlo standing up from the sofabed. My heart skipped a beat again when I saw his morning look with messy bed hair and that lazy smile.

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I grinned at him.

He scratched his head. "Um, I know it's weird but do you have an extra toothbrush?"

I have one but that's MY spare and I don't have those disposable toothbrushes but I suddenly remember the contract. "Yeah, in the bathroom counter. The one in the cream case." I told him.

"Thanks. I'll freshen up first. It smells delicious by the way." He smiled. My heart skipped a beat again. Damn, what is wrong with me?

By the time he went out the bathroom, I'm almost done in preparing the food and just need to add some finishing touches. He went into the kitchen.

"Anything I can help?" He offered.

"Prepare the plates and the utensils. I'll just finish this up." He nodded then I finished preparing the food and placed it in the center of the table.

"Hmmm, it smells as good as it looks. I hope it tastes good too?" He teased.

I raised a brow. "Are you challenging the chef dear sir?" I said in a British accent.

"I think I am." He wickedly smiled.

"I welcome your challenge with open arms. Judge it then."

He placed some pasta in his plate then tasted it. His eyes widen and moan. "It's delicious! What did you put in it?"

"It's a secret!" I winked at him. He didn’t say another word and just continued eating.

I went to Brianne's room. "Guys! Breakfast’s ready!" No answer. I guess they are still asleep? I went to the kitchen and ate at the table with Carlo.

"What did they say?" Carlo asked. I shrugged. I don't really want to open her room and be the one to be surprised.

After a while I heard a noise in her room then I heard her moan. “Oh hell no! That is why I don’t want you to bring a guy home!” I complained.

I heard her giggle than she moaned again. “Brianne!” I dropped my plate in the counter. “I just lost my appetite. I can’t take this. I’m going out.” I said to Carlo.

He smiled the shook his head. “I’m not staying here either. Do you know how hard for me to sleep last night because of their noise? I’m not going through that again but can I take this out? It’s really delicious; it’s a waste to throw it away.” He said while referring to the pasta.

“You still have an appetite after hearing that?”

“That is how delicious your pasta is!”

“I told you it’s delicious! The Tupperware and the spork is in the third cupboard in left. The plastic is in left corner of the counter. I’ll just take a bath. How far is your apartment here?”

“The penthouse.”

“WHICH penthouse?”

“The penthouse in this building.” It startled me. This building is one of the most expensive condo in New York and he has the freaking penthouse? Who is he?

“Okay, let’s just meet in the lobby after thirty minutes.” He nods then left.