Chapter 2: Surprise!

Cover by @weirdrandomizer it's the old one and I still love it!!

 Chapter 2: Surprise!

After three hours of driving, Melanie finally stopped complaining about her full bladder as they made a pit stop at the local Target. Melanie ran inside the store as fast as she could.

"I'm gonna get some snacks, meet me in the line!" Molly yelled, going to the candy aisle. She picked up some granola bars, kit kats, m&ms, snickers, assorted chips, and pre-made wrapped sandwiches in the basket.

Making her way to the line, she saw her best friend flirting with a boy in the front, an average height boy and sandy blonde hair. "Mel, help," she whined when she approached the register. Melanie turned around, apologized, and grabbed some things from the basket, placing them on the conveyor belt.

While in line, Melanie learned his name was Tim. He goes to Bowie University. The cashier rang up their items and told them the total. Tim gave Melanie his number before the girls left the store.

"I'll call you," Melanie said, waving goodbye to him.

"You're not gonna call him," Molly stated, shaking her head.

"I will. Maybe," Melanie responded with a smirk as they made their way back to the car.

***

Back on the road four more hours to spare, both girls switching to drive to take one-hour naps, Molly now in the driver's seat as Melanie slept. She spotted the 'Welcome to Pennsylvania' sign. She smiled to herself, eager to see her boyfriend and what they will do for the next ten days. "Mel, wake up." Molly shook her shoulder.

"No, leave me alone," Melanie grumbled, swatting her hand away.

"Mel, We're here." Melanie opened her eyes slowly and lifted her head, Molly pulling into the campus and parking close enough to his dorm building. They grabbed their bags and entered the building.

"Hi, I'm looking for a Cole Forbes room," Molly asked the resident advisor. His nose in a book hunched over his desk.

"Room 119," he answered in a bored tone. They both thanked him and walked off.

"This better be worth it, Molly," Melanie told her, both girls walking through the hall.

"It will be. I can be with Cole and you can meet anyone that catches your eyes," she assured her.

"Ooh, like him." Melanie spotted the brunette guy. He's shirtless with a towel around his waist. "Hello," she waved with her fingers.

"Hey," he responded, smirking, passing them by, Melanie checking out his wet muscular back.

"He's hot," she approved.

Molly giggled, "Let's find his room." She pulled her arm forward to walk faster.

"Molly?" The girls see the source of the voice in front of them. It's Cole's roommate, Matt.

"Matty! Hi, it's so good to see you," Molly hugged him tightly. She ruffled his messy mop of hair. He chuckled, pushing it back. His eyes met Melanie, she smiled tightly at him.

"Hey Matt," said Melanie.

"Mel, what's up?" his tone matched his ex-girlfriend: dull. They dated for a few months in high school. Their feelings for each other were mutual. Matt had a jealous streak when Melanie talked to other boys. Fights were about accused infidelity, Melanie kept telling him she only wanted him, Matt didn't believe her. The break up sucked. Now they could see each other without a verbal harsh argument. "What are you guys doing here?"