Chapter Six

Kesha rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked around her. She didn't remember falling asleep.

She glanced over at her clock and saw that it was twenty to eleven, way past dinner time.

"Few," she thought. "At least that's one less thing to worry about."

Kesha pulled her aching body out of bed and dragged her feet downstairs.

There wasn't much point in going back to sleep now so she might as well do something.

After flicking through the various DVDs that she owned, Kesha finally found the one she was looking for. Mary Poppins. It was a children's film, but it had been her favourite since she could remember.

Demi was no where in sight, so Kesha put the film on and cuddled up contentedly on the sofa.

Demi came down when she heard the TV on, wondering what the noise was. Her heart melted when she realized that Kesha was watching Mary Poppins.

"That always was your favourite movie," she said softly as she reached the sofa. Kesha stiffened when she heard Demi. "Mum used to sing Feed The Birds to you before you went to bed, when you were staying with us."

Kesha blinked back tears, remembering the sound of her Aunty's voice singing her to sleep if her parents weren't in hearing distance.

"Are you crying, baby girl?" Demi asked worriedly. "Was it something I said?"

"I am not crying!" Kesha snapped rudely. "I never cry!"

Demi chuckled and bent over the sofa, looking down at her.

"Everybody crys, baby girl. It's okay to cry," she said gently.

"It is not," Kesha growled. "I bet you cry all the time," she sneered cruely.

Demi stared at Kesha, horrified that she could be so mean.

"Okay Kess- I mean Kesha, you better get your act together pretty soon or else you will be in a lot of trouble. It's not nice to be mean," she said sternly.

"You can't tell me what to do, you're not my Mother!" Kesha cried, starting to raise her voice.

"No I'm not, but I am in charge of you at the moment. That means what I say goes," Demi snapped back.

"Well maybe I would actually listen to you if you had actually showed your face at all in twelve years!" Kesha almost screamed, losing it. "You can't look after me, you don't know anything about me!"

"Don't blame this all on me Kessie, it wasn't my fault!" Demi defended herself, getting angry.

"DON'T PLAY LITTLE MISS INNOCENT DEMETRIA LOVATO! YOU LEFT ME ALL ALONE! YOU PROMISED ME! YOU PROMISED ME LOVATO! BUT. YOU. LEFT." Kesha screamed, now completely losing it now. "I HATE YOU DEMI. I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU." Kesha jumped up, turned on her heels and began running from the door. She stopped at the door. "And by the way, IT'S KESHA!"

Misery invaded Demi's features. Kesha hated her. She hated her with a passion.

"I don't know what to do," she whispered defeatedly. "Maybe I should never have come..."

Suddenly all Demi wanted to do was go home and forget all about Kesha. This trip wasn't what she thought it would be.

Should she just go home and pretend that this never happened?