Chapter Sixteen

It was a few days later, and Kesha had barely spoken a word to Demi.

Demi hardly ever even saw her anymore, making in impossible to know whether she was improving or not!

She was never home from school on time either, Demi often found her asleep in Misty's stable.

Now Demi had absolutely no idea where Kesha had gone, so she decided to look for her.

She soon found her in her room, laying on the bed with her laptop on and headphones in.

"What are you up to, baby girl?" Demi asked, forcing her voice to become bright.

As usual, Kesha wouldn't answer her and simply ignored Demi's existence.

Demi went closer to her and peered over at the screen, interested to see what Kesha was doing.

"It's just a show, Demi!" Kesha cried, now annoyed.

"Well," Demi thought to herself. "At least she finally spoke!"

Demi scanned the screen, but couldn't work out what she was watching.

"It's The Lizzie Bennet Diaries," Kesha signed.

"What's that?" Demi asked eagerly, glad Kesha was willing to speak to her.

"A modern adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. It's really funny. They posted up a new episode so I'm watching them all over again, just for fun." She said, a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Is that all you watching on here?" Demi asked, curious to what she liked to do.

"No, I watch Squaresville and lots of vloggers." Kesha said, a little distractedly. "Itswaypastmybedtime, AmazingPhil, Danisnotonfire, Zoella, SprinkleOfGlitter, Emma Blackery, musicalbethan, and a few others."

"Wow, that's a lot!" Demi cried in astonishment. Kesha nodded in response.

"Will you call me at eight o'clock?" She asked, finally looking up. "The new Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother is on tonight and I don't want to miss it again."

"Sure," Demi agreed. "Is there anything else you like watching?"

"Charmed," she answered without hesitation. "It's great! I also like the UK X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and the UK Voice."

"Not the American ones?" Demi asked, feeling a little hurt since she had been an X Factor judge.

"No," Kesha replied bluntly. Demi winced at her harsh tone, but pushed the thought away.

"Come on, Kesha. Let's get you some dinner," she signed.

"No thanks," Kesha replied. "I already ate at school. I'll be sick if you make me eat anymore today!"

"But you say that everyday!" Demi cried, exasperated.

"Well then it must be true. You see the empty packets," Kesha pointed out.

"So? You could have thrown it away. Now come on, you're eating!" Demi snapped, loosing her temper.

"NO!" Kesha screamed. "I'll throw up, Demi!" Demi took no notice.

"I don't care," she said. "Either eat or take it up with your parents!"

Kesha flew at Demi at that, fists flailing frantically.

Demi quickly caught her fists and held her so she couldn't hit her anymore.

"Stop that! I'm only trying to help!" Demi cried in horror.

"LET GO, YOU'RE HURTING!" Kesha howled, tears pricking her eyes.

Demi quickly released her, Kesha immediately began to massage her wrists.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry." Demi soothed gently. "I didn't mean to."

"Please, Demi." Kesha whispered. "Just leave me alone..."

Demi watched Kesha walk away, feeling more than a little guilty.

She tried to push the feeling away. She only wanted to help after all!

What was so wrong with that?