Chapter Thirty-One

Kesha sat, leaving against Monica. Guilt filled her very soul.

"So she's not coming?" She asked softly.

"No, darling, I doubt it..." Monica replied sadly. "I'm so sorry..."

"I'll find her!" Kesha said suddenly. "I don't know what I'll say to her, but still!"

"You can't!" Monica exclaimed. " If your parents catch you it will ruin everything!"

"But, Demi-" Kesha began, but was cut off by Monica.

"Will be fine!" She finished. "Go watch a movie in bed, okay? You need a rest.

So that's what Kesha did. She was reluctant, but Monica was right. She couldn't ruin Demi's plan now.

As she flicked through Monica's extensive film pile, her eyes landed on one in particular.

Camp Rock.

Kesha grabbed it and quickly put it on before she could change her mind.

A few hours later, Monica opened the door to check on Kesha.

She was astonished to she the young girl fast asleep with Camp Rock on the screen.

The film was on its menu screen, as it had finished a while ago, and This Is Me filled the room.

Monica took a quick video of the scene before sending it to Samantha and Demi.

Monica - Look, Sam! Too cute, right? Our little girls all grown up ;)

Then it was time for Demi's text.

Monica - Demi, I think you'll wanna see this. I think you're forgiven...

Demi received the text and watching that video had made her heart melt.

Kesha had been clutching to the DVD box in her sleep.

That alone was enough to change Demi's mind!

She pulled out Monica's address. Maybe Kesha wanted her after all.

Demi arrived at Monica's in no time, although she did regret taking the bus.

"How many Lovatics can be on one tiny bus!" She wondered aloud as she knocked on the door to Monica's flat.

"I wondered when you would show up," Monica chuckled as she let Demi in.

Demi smiled gratefully at her. Before she could say anything though, Monica was speaking.

"She's in there, darling. We both here you're not here to see me," she said with a friendly wink.

Demi blushed and thanked her, going towards where Monica had pointed.

She went in, being as quiet as possible, and there lay her sleeping cousin.

Demi wasted on time in going over to her and slipping into the teenagers arms, replacing the DVD box.

"Mon?" Kesha mumbled, half waking up.

"Not exactly," Demi replied anxiously.

Kesha's head snapped up as she realized who it was.

"Demi!" She cried. "You came!"

"Yeah, baby girl. I came," Demi replied with a soft giggle. "Please to see me?"

Kesha mumbled something which sounded like a yes, before cuddling up into Demi's side.

"I'm sorry," she breathed as sleep over took her.

"Me too, baby girl. Me too," Demi sighed. "Don't worry, I'm going to fix this. I promise."

They stayed like that for a while, until Demi's phone went off.

Mum - DEMETRIA HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN TO PICK UP YOUR OWN MOTHER FORM THE AIRPORT!?!

Demi cursed and jumped out of bed, racing from the room.

"Whoa, whoa! Where's the fire, Lovato?" Monica cried, tearing her eyes away from her EastEnders episode.

"Forgot. To. Pick. Mum. Up. From. Airport. Gotta. Go." Demi said in between gasps for breath. "Sorry. Can't. Stop."

"Hang on," Monica sighed and got up. "I'll drive, lets go."

Demi thanked her and headed for the door.

She wad more than a little confused when Monica didn't follow her.

"Where are you going!?!" She cried, exasperated. "I've got to go!"

"So we're leaving Kesha alone asleep with no warning that we've left her, are we?" Monica shot back.

She appeared from the bedroom, carrying Kesha bridal style.

"Oh..." Demi muttered, feeling more than a little embarrassed

"Come on, Einstein, let's go." Monica chuckled, strolling past an embarrassed Demi.

Monica began wishing that she hadn't drove however, as they got stuck in traffic for the third time.

"Darling, next time tell your mum to fly into Gatwick instead! This is ridiculous!" Monica cried, cursing at the slow driver infront.

"Sorry," Demi replied meekly. "I didn't know there was a better one."

"Gatwick's closer than Heathrow, we would be there by now." Monica explained.

"I wish we were there!" Demi cried.

Her mother had been sending her a string of annoyed messages asking where they were.

"Thank God Kesha's still asleep," Monica said.

"Why?" Demi asked, confused.

"Well does she like your mum?" Monica prompted.

"I have no idea," Demi signed.

"Then it may be a dramatic ride home, my friend." Monica chuckled. "Hopefully it will be even better than EastEnders," she added with a laugh.

Demi didn't laugh though.

Suddenly she wasn't in such a hurry to get to the airport...