Chapter Five: Caught in a spider's web

"V, you've been quiet for so long. So many months passed away, please just talk to me."

Is what I would had said, I'm sorry. I couldn't help you. I wish I could, but... but I was too selfish. I didn't want to win you over when you were most vulnerable.

I'm disgusting.

"Do well on your meeting, also please don't try to overwork Jaehee. She always seems sleepy, because of you."

"I won't, but the three of us should have a glass of wine later tonight. V, are you free tonight?" Jumin asked softly. Turning his gaze to V, and he slowly nodded his head.

"I don't have anything planned and it has been a while since we all hung out. Ever since her leaving, but just between you and me Jumin... I can't even recall those times. It feels so far away." He sighed.

"We should all try to keep in touch, but (Y/N) are you sure you don't need a ride? You can ride with me."

"It's fine, Jumin. I'm going to tag along with V, I want to have a little talk with him on the way to his place. See you later."

"Have a safe ride there."

When V and I were left alone it was silent. His mind seemed to be somewhere else, and it was generally hard to keep a conversation with him. Out of all the times when I'm in bed with Jumin. Not such a smooth move.

"V, do you still think about her?" I brought up out of nowhere. It's been months, since he spoke about Rika. I know he's still grieving over her death, but I don't want the distance between us grow.

He seemed shock and jumped, once the words went through his head. I couldn't see how he looked behind those eyes of his, due to his sunglasses.

"Rika... she was the light in my life. Every time I come home, I always expect her to greet me like she did before. Yet, I always come to the sound of nobody welcoming me. I like to pretend that she's still beside me." He smiled.

I hated when he faked a smile, so obvious that he's not fine. I'm scared. I'm scared I'll lose him.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be okay. Lighten up. I'm sure she's somewhere smiling at you."

"I thought everything was okay when Rika was still with us. Still, she took her own life."

"It's going to be fine. Have your hopes up."

V stopped by his mailbox and turned back to me. He looked upset, he clinched a fist with his free hand.

"You don't know anything, (Y/N). You have no idea how hard it was seeing someone I loved so much doubt herself. She never thought she could be loved, and I tried to love her in return. I... I left her to this."

He's usually such a calm and collected person, I pushed him to his boundaries. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I've never meant to hurt you, Jihyun.

"Tell Jumin I can't make it for wine tonight, I have a flight tomorrow morning. I need to sleep early. Just... worry about your boyfriend." He stated. Turning away and heading inside his home.

I covered my mouth with my hands. I do understand. I felt as if I lost someone after her death. It was you. You were never the same. You were never as energetic. You've always kept things to yourself even from Jumin. I want to save you. I want to save you from the darkness.

Still... I feel obligated to help Jumin as well. He needs me too. I can't just leave him, he's my best friend too. I want to save you both, but it's so hard. I'm sorry. I'm sorry...

Author's note:
I'm sorry this chapter took so long. I'm on day six of V's route. I feel as though I have a better grasp of his character and I just love the story. I hope this chapter wasn't too boring for you, and please support this story. Give it a star, comment and share if you want. Have a nice day. Random, but I love the V and Saeran better in Another story. They just seem more nicer and Ray is just beautiful. V with long hair and more communication I love it.