Chapter 4 - Curse

4: Curse

When he took a step forward, I took a step back. I narrowed my eyes at him, “What are you doing here then?”

“For you,” he said, and stared intensely at me.

That was enough for me to take another step back. “What are you talking about?”

He raised an eyebrow, “You wanted to know what was wrong with you, isn’t it?”

I took in a sharp intake of breath. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I lied.

“You were bleeding, and…. You think you killed someone. Do I really need to explain everything?” He taunted, while taking another step again.

I took another step back. “How do you know? Were you there when it happened?” I glared at him.

“Maybe?” he smirked.

“And you wouldn’t help out a girl who’s about to get raped?! What the hell!” I yelled.

He looked surprised at my outburst, but he composed himself quickly. “Well, you didn’t get raped. And I had to check and see something for myself.” He blankly replied.

My mouth hanged open at his explanation. What a bastard. “Get out.” I pointed to the door.

“You didn’t kill him.”

I blinked. I was about to ask him to explain, but he repeated himself, “The guy you punched. He didn’t die. Just suffered from a disfigured face.”

“He didn’t die..?” I asked softly.

He shook his head and I let out a breath I didn’t knew I was holding. “Did you came here just to tell me this?” I queried with my gaze still on the floor.

“You said your blood is a secret power, didn’t you?” He said and I snapped my head up.

“Did you eavesdrop…?” I snapped.  I do not like this guy at all. First, he spied on me without offering any help while he watches me nearly getting raped, and now he eavesdropped on me.

“I overheard,” he shrugged, appearing nonchalant. 

“What the hell is wrong with you!?” I snarled and seriously hoping that Luke would show up. Like NOW.

“It is not a secret power,” he kept his gaze on me, as if checking for my reaction.

I swallowed audibly. I do not like where this conversation is heading to.

“It is a curse.” He dropped the bomb on me.

“I don’t need to know what it is,” I concluded as I ignored what he said, and proceeded to pick up my bag. I’m heading out; I can’t stand staying in the same room with this crazy dude.

“You’re born with it. Your blood is-”

“I MEANT IT! STOP IT! STOP SAYING!” I yelled and I started to breathe heavily, calming myself.

He stared at me, his face void of emotions. I hate how he could still be so calm about it as if we were talking about the weather.

“Your blood is cursed and it c-” he continued as if he was never stopped.

“I SAID STOP!” I yelled louder this time and I cupped my hands over my ears, hoping to drown his voice out. I was acting childish, but I did not care.

This was the worse. He’s the worse. Hearing that I was cursed is worse than knowing that I might have killed someone.

“SCARLETT!” Luke’s voice was heard and he was dashing towards me and he had me behind him.