16 > REAL

"so we want this video to be very intimate."

neither violet nor luke could respond to holly, both of the young adults avoiding eye contact with one another while their cheeks burned. violet opened her mouth only to emit a squeak and close it immediately. her manager smirked at the two of them, before laughter escaped her lips.

"i'm kidding," holly chuckled, and violet and luke sighed in relief. "sort of. you guys might have to kiss or something at the end."

"i thought we agreed it was going to be an unrequited sort of thing?" violet interjected, luke nodding in agreement next to her. "like, two friends who like each other but do nothing about it."

"too boring," the video producer spoke. his name was thomas, and he spoke with a thick french accent that violet adored. "this new idea suits the song better, oui?"

"oui," holly repeated. "if you guys are seriously against this, we'll do something else, but we really think this video could be amazing."

violet looked at luke for the first time since holly said the word "intimate." his face was still pink, but he looked back at her and shrugged his shoulders. she took a deep breath, "i'm cool with it."

"me too."

"perfect!" holly exclaimed, clapping her hands together. she turned to thomas with a smile, "we'll start shooting on wednesday then?"

"bien!" thomas agreed, shaking her hand and bidding luke and violet goodbye before leaving the room. holly followed, shooting violet a knowing wink before she closed the door.

violet sighed loudly, "wow."

"wow," luke agreed, looking at her hesitantly. "you sure you're okay with this?"

"of course," violet assured him, her voice only cracking a little. "are you?"

"totally," luke smiled softly. "besides, it's only once. at the end."

"right," the younger girl agreed, playing it off as if only once was nothing. "you sure your girlfriend won't mind?"

luke stared at her in confusion before bursting into laughter. "arzaylea? we dated for a few months but we've been over for nearly a year now. she's not allowed an opinion on who i do and don't kiss."

"oh," replied violet, feeling a little dumb now. "okay."

the blond man smiled at her. "do you wanna go get lunch?"

violet grinned, feeling the awkwardness and tension leave the room. "sure. you're paying."