33 > REAL

"ladies and gentlemen, please welcome violet blue and luke hemmings!"

violet took a deep breath, giving luke's hand a squeeze before dropping it and stepping out onto the stage. he followed her, sporting a wide smile as he waved to the screaming audience. jimmy was standing to hug them and shake their hands, and then violet took the seat closest to the desk while luke sat next to each other.

"wow, the crowd loves you guys," jimmy says in wonder as he takes his seat as well. "thank you for being here, i've been listening to your song non stop since september."

luke and violet laugh together before he responds, "thank you so much. violet freaked out when we were told you wanted us to be here."

violet shot him a glare, "luke, you can't just say that on tv, that's embarrassing."

the blond shrugs while jimmy watches them with a grin. "okay so i have to ask, and i'm sure everyone else is wondering as well. are you two dating?"

without sparing one another a glance or hesitating for even one second, the two answered in unison, "nope."

"we're just friends," violet continued, "we sorta just clicked when we met, and now even after the song is out we hang out all the time. he's one of my best friends now."

luke nodded in agreement of the lie, which caused jimmy to frown. "damn. we were all rooting for you two to get together."

"sorry to disappoint," luke chuckled.

"you better be," jimmy said, "so anyway, how did this happen? who reached out to who?"

"i reached out to her," luke responded before violet could. "there were a lot of rumors saying we were doing a song, and i was a fan of her already, so i asked my manager if we could make it happen."

"and so did you freak out over that too?" the host asked violet, laughing when her cheeks turned red.

"you guys suck," she pouted while the two men continued laughing. "yes, i did. i texted my best friend lily and she came over to help me pick out an outfit."

"she tells lily everything," added luke.

violet rolled her eyes, but jimmy nodded in understanding. "what are best friends for? did you get to meet his band?"

"yes, and before you ask, i flipped out over them too," violet nodded, this time not phased by the laughter from the audience. "it's 5sos, what was i supposed to do?"

"i would have too," agreed jimmy. "and the music video is awesome too, by the way. can we talk about the end?"

"oh come on, i thought we were done talking about this," groaned violet as she realized what he was asking.

"oh no, i never said that," jimmy grinned. "so the end. is violet a good kisser?"

"the best," luke answered with a chuckled while the girl next to him buried her face in her hands. "it's a funny story, actually. we had to do the kiss more than any other scene, because violet kept messing up."

"messing up?" jimmy repeated in interest. "how did she mess up?"

"okay listen," violet started before luke could make it seem horrible. "we had to like, run towards each other, like in the video. and i was supposed to put my hands on his cheeks and then kiss him. but i would either wrap my arms around his neck or just put one hand on his cheek. the director didn't want it like that."

"so did you guys have to keep kissing each time?"

"yes," luke answered with a grin.

"he loved it," violet pointed at luke, who nodded.

"see, you guys would make a great couple," jimmy commented, "i'm sorry! it's just a fact."

"well thank you, but no," violet shook her head.

"that's unfortunate. stay right there," jimmy turned towards the audience, "we're gonna take a short break, and when we come back, luke and violet are going to perform symphony!"

-

violet was slipping out of her performance outfit when there was a knock on the dressing room door. "one sec!" she shouted, replacing her skirt with jeans and pulling a hoodie over her bra. she went to open the door, grinning at luke on the other side and pulling him in.

"that was fun," luke said, closing the door and pulling her into his chest as soon as it was shut. "you sounded great."

"so did you," violet smiled happily, wrapping her arms around his neck. "performing with you was amazing."

"mhm," luke hummed an agreement, leaning down to press a kiss to her lips.
"why do we always find ourselves kissing in dressing rooms?"

"don't know," violet murmured between kisses. "your fault though."

"true," the man nodded slightly, pulling away to lean his forehead against hers. "i think i need to continue the tradition of bringing our relationship to the next level while we're in a dressing room."

"what are you talking about?"

"be my girlfriend," luke stated more than asked, searching for a reaction in her expression. "please."

"i thought you'd never ask," violet answered, connecting their lips once more. "of course."

and if jimmy fallon happened to walk past their dressing room at the same moment, no one would know that he did a victory dance in the middle of the hallway.