19 > REAL

"cut! okay guys, take a break and get some food. we'll start back at three."

violet sat up from the bed she had been laying on and moved to grab her water bottle from her chair. she swung by the snack table to grab a cookie before making her way to the small dressing room they had given her. she had no clue where luke was, as she had been shooting separately from him all day. it was thursday, which meant they had to kiss tomorrow. neither one of them had mentioned "practicing" after they had agreed to do it over text, and violet didn't want to be the one to bring it up, only for luke to say he changed his mind.

she sighed as she sat in front of the mirror of her room, scrolling through twitter. she was liking some of her mentions when there was a knock at her door. confused, she opened it slowly before swinging it open all the way when she saw who it was.

"can i come in?" luke asked with a kind smile. violet nodded, her mouth full of cookie, and closed the door behind him as he walked in. "your dressing room is better than mine."

violet chuckled as she swallowed the food in her mouth. "do you see how many outfits are on this rack? i don't see how it's necessary. i'm only wearing three of them."

this caused luke to actually look through the hangers, laughing at some of the selections. "look at this one. good thing you didn't have to wear this."

"it's cute, but it's uncomfortable for a video," violet agreed, looking at the dress he was pointing to. "i might steal it, actually."

"do you get to keep these?" he asked, turning around to face her.

"i'm not sure," she shrugged. "but that won't stop me."

"rebel," luke grinned with a laugh.

their laughter faded, and they were left in an only semi awkward silence. violet looked anywhere but at luke, not being able to help but think of their agreement to kiss before hey had to shoot it. she wondered if he was thinking of it was much as she was, if it was tearing him apart too.

"so, um," luke cleared his throat, "i was talking to thomas. he said tomorrow will be a shorter day, and we'll only have to shoot two more things."

"right," violet nodded with a cough, "the kiss?"

"yeah," luke answered, and they were left in silence.

"so do you–"

"should we–"

the two smiled at each other as they spoke at the same time. violet gestured for luke to speak first, and he hesitated before doing so. "do you still want to, you know, um?"

he left the question unfinished, so violet completed it for him. "practice?"

luke laughed awkwardly. "sounds weird when we call it that, but yeah i guess."

"if you still want to," said violet, taking a small step forward.

"i mean, it'd be smart," the blond nodded, moving closer to her. "so that it looks better when we do the real thing."

"right," violet agreed, now standing right in front of him. "it's for work."

"for work," luke repeated, taking the final step that brought them chest to chest.

violet's eyes flickered between his own and his lips, wanting so bad to touch them with her own. his breath was warm against her nose, and she felt one of his hands gently press against her back. she moved one of her own to his chest.

"i'm gonna kiss you now," he said on a low voice.

"okay," she whispered.

luke closed the distance remaining between them, connecting his lips to hers. it started soft and slow, both of them simply cherishing the moment. violet didn't want to pull away, but eventually she did, resting her forehead against luke's and breathing heavily.

"how was that?" he asked quietly, his eyes still closed.

"good," violet replied. "but practice makes perfect."

"right," luke agreed against her lips.

violet's hand moved to the back of his neck, her fingers running through his hair. luke pressed both of his palms against her lower back, keeping her body against his. their lips moved more frantically this time, the kiss heated and passionate. they held onto one another tightly as luke took steps forward to press violet against the wall. she sighed blissfully as his lips trailed to her neck, wisely not leaving any bruises on her skin there. he had just returned to kiss her again when there was a knock on the dressing room door.

"be back on set in five!" someone called through the door.

as the footsteps faded away, luke and violet looked at each other it shock. violet grinned at him, taking in his messy hair and swollen, red lips. she probably looked the same, but she could only think about how beautiful he looked after kissing her.

"i should probably go," luke said in a husky tone. "make sure i don't have sex hair or something."

"you should," violet agreed with a giggle. "because you totally do."

luke chuckled, taking a step towards the door. she wanted to pull him back to her. "you do too. see you in a few."

"yeah, see you," she echoed his words as he left the dressing room, leaving her alone.

she pressed her fingers to her lips, still reeling at the feeling of his lips on hers and his hands on her body.

—————

hi guys!!

how are you all??

sorry that its been a little bit since the last update. but there's another one coming right after this to makeup for it!!

thank you & love you

k