Date Night

Date Night 

                I crossed her arms and huffed out an irritated breath for the millionth time that night, watching as the bright lights of the downtown's shopping malls and restaurants raced out of my view in the car. Keith's humming along to a catchy song playing on the radio, and I'd happily sing along with him if I wasn't so pissed off at how our night was turning out.

Tonight is one of the rare occasions were me and my boyfriend both have free time to spend with one another. He's always off doing acting projects and photoshoots out of the state and I'm still in school, being a part-time student and part-time worker at a Pastry shop to help pull in some extra cash for my money-guzzling tuition. On the days we do have together, we're both either too tired to go out or too consumed in spending time with our friends. Okay, the spending too much time with friends is Keith's problem, not hers.

So tonight, I wanted it to be special. Just the two of us, a bottle of moderately expensive wine, my naked body sprawled on top of his naked body, and a bottle of warm chocolate sauce with Pretty Ricky's Late Night Special on repeat in the background. Instead, I'm being dragged to a movie I doesn't want to see, sitting around annoying people in a claustrophobic area. The only good thing I'm getting out of this is the large bucket of buttery theatre popcorn and raspberry Slushie my boyfriend promised. And I'm not sharing either.

We pulled up to the packed Century Theatre, where the line is borderline in the middle of the street. Of course, I thought savagely as I slammed my door shut and began stalking my way to the end of it, not even waiting for Keith to turn the car off.

"Babe, hold up," Keith called as he jogged after me. At his height, he easily loomed over all the moviegoers. I rolled my eyes and continued walking, standing behind a group of rowdy teenage boys who were chatting excitedly about the movie The Silenced, a horror film Keith is dying to see.

"I don't understand why you're heated. It's date night, we're supposed to go out." He wrapped my arms around him and pulled me into his chest, then rested his chin on the crown on my braided hair. Such a big baby.

"When was the last time we got to spend it together? The two of us. Alone," I emphasized, pulling away to frown at his freckled face.

The shrug of his shoulders had me chewing my bottom lip harshly to halt the oncoming rain of curses my mother would not be proud of.

One of the boys a part of the group in front of us, a thin one with greasy blond hair and rips at the bottom of his black jeans, had his eyes roaming freely and greedily over my backside, admiring the curve of hips in my bodycon dress. Apparently, he has no sense of shame or self-preservation, considering the fact he could clearly see the man holding me is my boyfriend.

He kept up his unabashed staring until the murderous glint in Keith's eyes sent him scrambling to glance in another direction, toward the posters of upcoming movies on the wall of the theatre.

"You know what," he lowered his tone, returning his gaze back to me, "maybe we should go back home. I can see this movie another time."

And now the ball is in my court. Oh, I'm going to have fun with this. Why waste the perfect opportunity to watch my boyfriend suffer through approximately an hour and thirty minutes of jealous torture?

"No," I smirked wickedly, turning around to look at the big screen showing the available show times of all the movies playing and the prices for general admission.

"No?" Keith's thick eyebrows raised in disbelief, like what I said had wounded his pride. "Weren't you just complaining about how—"

I held up my index finger to hush him. "Ah, ah, ah. I changed my mind. Suddenly I feel like watching people being killed in unexplainable ways."