Back in Our Time (3)

"Althea!"

"Love! Wait! She's with me!"

"I'm sorry Doctor Green, there's only one more space in the capsule and that is strictly for medical personnel only."

"But she is a doctor what are you talking about?! Ja - -"

"Government hired medical personnel Doctor. I'm sorry."

"Althea! Althea!"

"Jade!"

"Doctor Green?"

"Jade!" Althea woke up half naked to the panic stricken Jade standing by the doorway of her room. Althea was panting and she could not believe what she was seeing, it was like she was carved to be her own.

"Can you leave me alone for now?" Althea coldly said looking away from the open-mouthed Jade, not only because of the panic of concern but because it was the first time she saw Doctor Althea Green half-naked and half covered with an almost see-through blanket. Jade upon realizing what the doctor just said almost immediately buzzed the door lock on the door handle of Althea's room.

Jade directly went back down the kitchen level of the mansion, she was trying to evenly breathe and calm her heart down; her heart beats so fast and pounding against her ribcage that it hurts, it felt more like it's going to explode. When Jade was finally able to breathe normally, with all the strength and right mind left of hers she made breakfast for herself and Doctor Green as well.

It was around an hour after the nightmare when Althea emerged from the safety of her bedroom, all poised in her everyday ragged yet classy style, for today she chose a combination of slim boyfriend ripped jeans and white untucked dress shirt. Jade felt her heart skip a beat again when she saw Althea, she knows she shouldn't be feeling such nonsense towards the doctor but she does and she can't do anything to make it go away, even the fact that Althea technically is in her late forties now – not that it matters that much because she looks like a twenty year old that will definitely last like forever. There's also another reason, the most important one that Jade is trying to find a loophole into, which is Althea unfortunately is her mom's college best friend. It should be awkward, weird - unsettling even. But then again the heart feels what it feels and right now Jade's heart beats for one person alone in that room and it's not even her.

"Good morning, sorry about what happened earlier." Althea said as she was facing the coffee maker waiting for her coffee to finish pouring. Jade fixed herself from where she was seated and cleared her throat.

"I – it is okay Doctor Green." Jade timidly said, her eyes focusing on her half-empty cup of coffee.

"By the way, what are you doing upstairs that early?"

"Oh, I was about to check if you're already up -"

"Why?"

"Because I may have cracked down on the government's firewall last night and I wanted to get your consent if I could start the sledgehammering today. I was outside your room about to ring the intercom when I heard you shouting, I panicked so I crank the emergency knob." Jade detailed convincing the doctor that she wasn't just being wanderer self again around her home.

"So what do you have for me?" Althea instantly as they got outside of the property to the gates again.

"I hit another entrance to the wall that you wouldn't notice unless you tapped on the correct combinations and such." Jade explained as she knowledgeably manoeuvre through the software Althea for the government firewalls decoding.