Chapter Two- The Faceless

My dark eyes glimmered in contrast to my flawless pale skin. The long dark hair I was once so proud of became a detriment. It was a clear marking of my species, and it had to be concealed if I was to live alone.

The hunting knife gripped tightly in my hand, I begun to saw at my hair, watching as the whisps of pin straight blackness fell effortlessly to the ground. I was lucky to be born with thin hair.

A tug at my wrist snapped me out of my cutting trance, and I sharply gazed up. The face I met was one of deep concern. The adversaries' brow furrowed in thought. His tan complexion and bright green eyes stared down at me.

"Why are you cutting off all your hair? You're really beautiful, and-" His sentence was cut short as the knife was jerked from my hands by the appendages on my back.

"The faceless..." It hissed.

I let out a short gasp as I realized what It meant...

The creature took the side of his makeshift "face" and ripped it off violently, leaving nothing but a black, deep hole. The void was so entrancing that I feebly reached out to the monster. I felt as if I could just reach into that blank space.. Then...

I awoke from my trance startled as the life was jerked from my hands. I winced as I prepared for the blade to wrench itself a little place into my flesh, sending streams of the cursed crimson liquid to trail down my skin. The liquid would stain my skin, and be a burden to wash out. The pain didn't phase me, I feared not bodily harm. Timidly, I opened one eye, allowing the glowing black orb to take a gander at what was happening with that knife.

I could hear the tearing and popping of muscle under the full blade as I stared in horror at the faceless, who was being gutted by the monstrous things on my back. Reaching deep into it's core, the knife soon withdrew allowing spurts of green, oozing blood to erupt from the new wounds. The merciless cry was unbearable. Relentless at my ears, I prayed it would cease. And with a slit of the beast'a throat, it did.

I fell onto my knees, scraping them lightly on the pavement. My eyes wide with shock and fear, I sat motionless on the sidewalk. The body of the faceless mere inches away, I screamed.

"Monster! Monster! Damn it!" I screamed directly at it, my voice quivering in disgust.

"He was going to kill you."

"But he was a living creature. Damn it! I hate you!" I screamed until my lungs burned and tears came to my eyes.

And so their I say, wildly sobbing on the sidewalk next to an old, abandoned ally. Was their a place for a monster like me? Or was the beast inside enough to claim not only my body, but my sanity?

----------------------------------------------

Authors Note-

I'm sorry this update took so long. I wanted to get the descriptions just right. I wanted to give them enough to make the squeamish squirm, but not enough to flat out disgust. That is for later. >:) Well, give me any feedback, suggestions, or comments you lovely people may have. Love you all!

-Beautiful Enchanting Annihilation