Four- Remembering

To the edge of the known. That is what Wynter found herself teetering on as the tears jerked themselves abruptly in her hollow eyes.

"Please..." She murmured nearly silently, "not back again..."

The tears found themselves falling to the cracked pavement. Falling amongst the pebbles and other various debris, falling in harmony with the filth.

The memories all arose at once to the surface of her mind, drawing themselves from the depths of her being, this being another gift a Quaid possesses. The wretched demons summoned themselves as if they belonged there. Wynter couldn't resist them. She was rendered helpless as It took her completely over.

Dark.

Dank.

It smelled of decay.

A young Wynter descended down the stairwell to the cellar on her own merits. Nothing could have prepared her for what she was about to see, nor the tasks she would have to undertake. She was completely foolish, innocent. Pure. That's what It wanted.

A gasp of breath filled her lungs until they could hold no more. She could barely make out the mutilated lumps of human flesh that hung from the ceiling on meat hooks. The tendons and muscles were splayed out with such precision that one could tell someone spent many meticulous hours of work creating this mass of butchered meat. A strange black liquid oozed from the ceiling. Liquified corpse.

She wiped off the liquid decay from her skin, but to no avail. It just kept coming, so she just left it there. She could feel it beginning to wet her hair, black blending with black.

No sooner that remembering the wetness on her head, Wynter drifted back into reality. Colors slowly surfaced in the dark hole. The sky begun to turn a color so blue that it was hardly blue any longer. Her eyelashes fluttered as she registered a slight breeze and a heaviness on her feet. She gazed down to see what it was exactly, and once she did, she rushed air into her burning lungs, preparing to screech.

A body of a strange man lay lifeless at her feet.