Chapter 9

A moon has passed since Dawnflower had become a warrior. She was out on patrol with Brackenheart, Jayflight, Snowfur, Dawnflower, and Tigerstorm, with Tigerstorm as the leader of the patrol. Nothing was unusual and everything was fine. They were on their way back to camp, when Tigerstorm stopped them. "You guys go back to camp, we'll be there later." He said and Brackenheart nodded and led them back to camp. "What are you doing?" She asked and he lead her to their special place. "Having some time with you." He said with a sweet smile. She smiled back and nuzzled him.

It was sunset and they were laying on their backs on a moss bed and just looking up at the golden rays that were turning pink and purple in the light. "It's so beautiful." She said with a smile and Tigerstorm turned his head over to her and gazed at her. "Yeah, it is." He said and she noticed he was looking at her. "But I see someone's beauty that beats the sky's any day." He said and Dawnflower smiled wide and felt a pink tint growing in her ears. "I need to tell you something, Dawnflower." He said as he got into a sitting position.

She did too, and faced him. "A couple moons into being an apprentice with you, I realized I had feelings for you. I wanted to wait to tell you until we were warriors and now's the day. When I told you I was going to bring a she cat down here to as her to be my mate, I was talking about you. I've never shown anyone else this place except for you. So, Dawnflower, would you like to be mates?" He asked with a hopeful smile. Dawnflower smiled and embraced him in a cat's version of a hug. "Of course. I've waited for this day forever, Tigerstorm." She said with a laugh and he smiled wide and licked her cheek lovingly and excitedly. She giggled and did the same back.

********

They entered camp when it was just turning night. They padded into the warriors den and they shared a moss bed together.

Dawnflower had that same dream from before, the one with the five kits and a brown tom, and it was more clearer this time but she still couldn't see the kits clearly. She could see her and Tigerstorm together, but she couldn't see the kits yet.