Sotaru the Clanless Prodigy

2 years later~

Naruto sighed as he sneak into his room. In the living room were Tsunade and Jiraya as well as many known people, from the clan leaders, to clan heirs, to council member, to close friends, and finally to some close co workers. Naruto was about to open his door when Kushina appeared next to him holding a dark red kimono with orange leaves decorating it and an orange obi.

"You're attending this party" Kushina said sternly. She handed Naruto the clothes before disappearing in a body flicker.

Naruto growled in annoyance. He quickly yet begrudgingly took a shower and wore the kimono. He then fixed himself before coming downstairs. Many gave him odd looks, and some were curious.

"Ah....Naru-chan! Nice of you to join us!" Kushina smiled

"Um....Kushina san. Who is he?" Hebiki Haruno asked

"Oh this is Naruto. He is our youngest child" Minato smiled and patted Naruto's head, he scowled at the actions.

They rarely even glance at him. What gives?! They even ignored his presense so why btoehr caring now?!

"And he is a bit of an anti-social. Sochi why don't you join the kids?" Kushina ushered him.

'Anti social?!?! WHO ARE YOU CALLING ANTI SOCIAL?!?!?!' Naruto roared in his mind

Naruto gave an impassive face before he walked over the two kids by the table, playing shogi. Well the other is playing but the other is eating. He knew instantly that they were a Nara and an Akimichi. The Nara made his move. Before the Akimichi picked his piece Naruto grabbed a piece and put it down in a square.

"Checkmate" Naruto smirked at the stunned faces of the two kids.

"Impressive. You manage to beat me. If Choji moved that piece he would've gave me an opening. I must say I missed on an obvious opening myself" Shikamaru said

"I thank you for the complement. It's my first time to go against a Nara. Sandaime sama and Asuma san have hard time beating me" Naruto said

"I'm naruto Uzumaki Namikaze by the way. What's yours?" Naruto asked

"My name is Shikamaru Nara, this is my friend Choji Akimichi" Shikamaru motioned the chubby boy.

"A pleasure to meet you. May we play one more time?" Naruto asked

"So you are the one who wiped the floor with Asuma in a shogi game huh? Impressive for a child your age. You must have a high IQ then" A voice said, interrupting Shikamaru's chance to speak

"I'm Shikaku Nara by the way. Shikamaru's Father"

Naruto observed the man. He smirked and looked at the shogi pieces then back to the Nara Clan Head.

"Want a go?" Naruto offered.

Shikaku raised a brow. Many guests have watched them in curiosity. Shikaku smirked and sat down in front of Naruto, signifying he accepted the challenge. Naruto smirked and slammed his clenched fist in the table making the board and the shogi pieces fly in the air. Naruto put his finger under the center of the Shogi board and channeled Chakara making it spin and channeled more as the Shogi pieces landed on the board and stick before he let go and the board landed in the table with a small 'thud' and all of the pieces are neatly arranged.

"Woah" many stunned and impressed guest whispered and comments things that fueled Naruto's anger but he kept his face in a poker face.

"Alright. White goes first" Shikaku said as he moved his piece.