Chapter 3 - Nightmare

//Black Hat POV//

*You care about her?* I think to myself, remembering what Dr. Flug said. *I don't care about y/n, do I? I am the most feared villain of all time!*

"I can't feel emotion, can I?" I say to myself, finishing my train of thought. I get up and walk out of my office and to the lab, where I find Dr. Flug staring off into space.

"Dr. Flug." I state, and he jumps up in surprise and starts to work up a sweat.

"Y-yes boss? D-d-do you need som-mething?" he says, shaking. I look around the lab, not seeing y/n.

"Where did you put y/n?"

"I-in my room, why? I d-don't want you to hurt-t her." he says, protection in his voice. I just nod in response as I leave the lab. Dr. Flug says nothing else. When I get to Dr. Flug's room, I slowly open the door to find the sleeping form of y/n. I walk all the way in and sit down on the bed, glancing at her. I then notice how pale she is. My non-existent heart sinks. *Oh demons, I must have scared her really bad. Wait, am I worried about her? What is happening to me!* I yell at myself. I then get up to leave, but I then notice that she is shivering. I run back to my office and grap a fluffy red blanket from my bed, so she knows it was from me. Once I make it back to Flug's room, she is shaking violently. I hold back a gasp. She has here knees up by her chest and is...crying. I realize she must be having a really bad nightmare. I put the blanket over her and leave the room, as I can't stand seeing her, and only her, cry.

//Y/N POV//  

"AHHHHH!" I wake up, screaming. I sit up, pull my knees up to my chest and start to cry on them. I then realize there is a red blanket draped over me. Must be Black Hat's. The doors to the room fly open. Dr. Flug is standing there, a worried look on his face.

"H-hey are you ok-k? I heard you scream." he says as he walks over to me. As soon as he sits down, I put my arms around him and start to cry into his shoulder. He freezes up at first, but then relaxes and hugs me back.

"What's w-wrong y/n, did you h-have a nightmare?" he asks me, and I nod in return.

 "I t-thought you d-died, Dr. Flug. I thought B-black Hat-t got you." I tell him.

//Dr. Flug POV//

I squeeze her tightly, as I know how bad that dream is. I get them a lot too.

"It's ok-k. I am here." I say calming her down. I hear footsteps coming down the hall. I look up, it is Black Hat. As soon as y/n sees Black Hat, she screams and hides her face in my chest, as she is shorter than me. Black Hat....looks sad. I have never seen this side of my boss before. I pat the spot next to me, letting him know to come sit my me. He slowly walks over and sits down, making y/n shiver and wrap her legs around my waist. I am blushing so much, and Black Hat is also, but not as mush as me.

"So, y/n. Did you sleep well?" asks Black Hat. He doesn't get a response from her, so I do it myself.

"S-she had a nightmare s-sir." I tell him.

"About?"

"Y-you sir." I say. His smile drops and he slumps over, his face in his hands. But then, y/n reaches over and pats Black Hat's back.

"I-it's ok-k, Mr. Black H-hat sir. You d-didn't do it on propose, y-you can't control d-dreams." she says, and Black Hat and I just look at each other, knowing she is wrong.