Chapter 2: Distance from Darkness

The sun shined through the Ninjago bounty as Wu had gotten out of bed to wake up the ninja. It was the beginning of a tough long day.

~Cole's POV

The sun was shining in my face and I rubbed my eyes and saw Wu coming down the hall with of course.. that unbelievably loud gong

"NINJA!! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP FOR A FRESH NEW DAY!" Wu screamed over the gong.

I put my hands over my ears hearing that loud gong. I wanted this day to last a long time because.. I have to sleep in Lloyd's room tonight.. but recently, Kai has been sleeping in Lloyd's room a lot, so I have to think about how we are actually going to get Kai out of Lloyd's room.

I got up out of my bed and opened my door.

Oh boy am I in for a treat waking up, I saw Kai and Lloyd kissing in the hallway. I have to say thank god Jay's room is next to mine.

I quietly slipped out of my room and knocked on Jay's door, hoping he would answer his door. This kid usually tends to sleep late.

~Jay's POV

I heard knocking on my door and I was really annoyed because I wanted to sleep in, but I guess whatever it's not like anybody knocks on my door a lot.

I opened the door and saw Cole standing there unusually casual.

"Um hello, what can I do for you?" I said

Cole rolled his eyes. "Jay, Kai and Lloyd are kissing again." He said

"So what's new?" Jay said.

"Come in the kitchen with me, so it's not awkward." He said

Ugh. I didn't wanna get out of bed. But I decided why not? I can laugh at Cole.

Cole and I walked towards the kitchen, but I tripped Cole half way to the kitchen

"I hate you Jay." Cole said.

I laughed "Oh I hate you to brother."

We saw Zane cooking breakfast for us, man does this guy cook really good. We just let Zane cook every time.

"Here you go Cole and Jay, I made bacon and eggs for breakfast." Zane said.

"Thanks Zane!" We both said.

We ate our breakfast, I don't know what Cole was so worried about coming out here alone so I decided to ask him why.

"Cole, why were you so nervous about coming out here alone?" I asked.

~Cole's POV

"Cole, why were you so nervous about coming out here alone?" Jay asked.

I was scared to tell him the real reason, I'm trying to distance myself from Lloyd so I DON'T have to sleep in his room tonight. If Kai found out, he would be deeply upset.

"Oh nothing, you know it's fun having you around." I lied.

"Thanks Cole!" Jay sounded sarcastic.

I rolled my eyes.

Kai and Lloyd walked in, oh shoot this is what I'm trying to distance myself from.

"Hey guys!" Lloyd said.

"Hey Lloyd!" Jay said.

I stayed silent.

Lloyd gave me a hug, and I felt VERY uncomfortable not that I don't like getting hugs from Lloyd, this was just NOT the day too get a hug from Lloyd.

"..Hey Lloyd" I said quietly

"Hey Cole" He smiled.

"I'm gonna go into my room now" I said.

I walked normally into my room so they wouldn't see I was being suspicious of anything. Once I got into my room I decided I would try to stay there all day, but no that was a challenge of staying there for 5 minutes.

I heard a knock on my door.

~Lloyd's POV

After Cole left the kitchen, I thought something was off with him.

"Kai, I'm gonna go check on Cole okay?" I said

"Okay beautiful." Kai said.

I smiled and kissed him.

I walked to Cole's room and knocked on his door, he opened the door for me.

"What's up Lloyd?" He said.

"Are you feeling okay today?" I asked.

"Yeah.. why?" He said.

"Oh I thought something was wrong with you."

"No, I just came in here to watch TV after I ate." He said.

"Oh, well are you still in on the plan to sleep in my room tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course.. but how are we going to get Kai out of you're room tonight?" He asked.

"I was thinking of getting Jay to prank Kai into staying in his room all night." I said.

"Oh well make sure Jay never let's Kai come out of that room."

"I'll make sure he won't" I said.

I left Cole's room after that, and hoped this plan would go well tonight.