Chapter 7: Prisoner of the Fire Master

~Cole's POV

"Guys why are you standing right in front of Lloyd's room when we are trying to sleep?"

Before I could answer for Jay and I he had already dashed down the hallway.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Cole." Kai said with a raspy voice.

"Kai YOU actually have a lot of explaining to do." I said moving the curtain away pointing at the window.

When I looked out the window the fire had just vanished out of thin air.

"Cole... What is going on? There's nothing outside."

"I am not crazy, there was just a HUGE line of fire outside of this window a minute ago and your the only person that has fire power like that."

"I didn't create any line of fire I've been sleeping the whole time." Kai said with a yawn.

"I don't believe it I wasn't the only person who saw it. In fact Jay saw it to." 

"Then bring Jay in here and we'll see what he has to say." Kai said.

"Okay master of burns I will!"

I left Lloyd's and I guess now Kai's room and started walking down the hall to the direction of Jay's room when all of a sudden I was pulled down to the floor. My entire body was sliding down the hallway and I was screaming and trying to grab on to something but I couldn't. I slowly lost my vision and I started to see everything was slipping away.

~Kai's POV

I couldn't believe that I was getting blamed for a line of fire that I didn't even create! In no way shape or form would I ever want to hurt my teammates. I don't know why any of them would think I would do it. I wasn't the one who saw it though so it could seem a bit sketchy. 

"Lloyd I'm nervous." I said breathing heavy.

"Hey it's going to be okay. I don't know what's going on either but none of this is your fault." Lloyd said trying to soothe me.

"Lloyd it's not okay Cole thinks I did something that I never even saw or did." I said putting my hands on my face.

"He said it was a line of fire right?" Lloyd said.

"Yeah, but that's impossible because I was here with you the entire time."

"I don't understand how it could appear there then, maybe we should find some clues." Lloyd suggested.

"That's a good idea, because I'm not going to be sleeping anytime soon anyway."

~Cole's POV

I woke up to being tied in a chair how original is that? I struggled getting loose from the ropes when I jumped to hearing a voice that was obviously disguised.

"We meet again Cole." The voice said.

"I know its you Kai I know exactly what you've been up to and I'm not going to fall for whatever you're trying plan!" I said angrily.

"You're not going to be stopping any plan being stuck in a chair."

"I'd be doing a lot if I wasn't in this chair trust me." I said.

"I don't know about that I think it's time that I break apart from you."

"What do you mean by that, STOP PLAYING TRICKS ON ME." I screamed.

I heard footsteps and I could feel the person's presence right near me.

"I mean I get to play my tricks while I leave you here." The voice snarled.

"You won't for long..."

~Jay's POV

It was already morning time and Zane had been talking to Master Wu for a while now. I was angry, I was hurt, I felt betrayed by someone I thought I could trust. Kai has been my friend for a long time and I don't want to believe it's him but I don't have much of a choice.

I heard a knock on my door and I opened it in a hurry.

"Do we know anything now?" I said.

"Sadly we do not. All of the traces lead to Kai and Master Wu had even said that was Kai's fire elemental power." Zane said sadly.

"I'm going to have a talk with Kai and let you know later what the outcome of the conversation will be." Sensei Wu said calmly.

They left together and I laid back on my bed in disbelief. My friend Kai, the one who helped me with Nya for so many years and was always by my side turned on us. I started to wonder what the purpose of him doing this was.

I wanted answers, I got up and marched right to Lloyd's room.

"Kai we need to talk now in your room." I said in anger.

"Okay, I'll be back in a minute." He said to Lloyd.

I sat on the floor of his room and he sat down next to me. I looked him sharply in the eyes.

"What is the deal with you? What is the purpose of creating a whole line of fire and hurting somebody that you claim to love?"

"I didn't do anything Jay, whatever you saw it wasn't me. I love Lloyd more than anything I can possibly think of." He said choking on his words.

"Kai it just bothers me because I'm in a relationship to and I wouldn't do anything like that to Nya you don't do things to people you care about. Especially me Kai I thought we were brothers!" I shouted.

"We are Jay I don't want you to doubt me I've helped you with so much things."

"THAT'S WHY IM ANGRY KAI WHY YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO ALL OF US WHO HAVE WORKED HARD AND DONE EVERYTHING TOGETHER." I got up and ran out of the room an back to my room.

I laid back on my bed shaking my head. I couldn't get any more thoughts in my head all I could do was just sit there.

Tears escaped through my eyes and I knew everything between Kai and I would change forever.