Chapter Seven

Not edited

COMMENT VOTE SPREAD THE WORD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heartbreaking Separations...

Going on a full month now and I am still staying in Galveston until they give me the green light that my father is back to his old self. So far, the only piece of good news is that he has been released to recuperate in the comfort of his home. The rental Vette rented for us to stay in while we were here was everything I could ever dream of. It was the peace I needed when I finally made it back in. A place to contemplate my life choices in solitude.

Although Vette was content on working from a remote locations, not wanting to leave me alone, I was steadily trying to convince her to go on back to her life. Needless to say, an important meeting that needed to take place was the only thing that made her concede. Only with promises of returning in a few days. Tre had long gone because of his clientele. Being a personal trainer required him to be in the flesh.

Alone I sat down to a late night dinner, a walk on the beach, and alone my mind wondered 'what went wrong?' William finally answered my slew of calls later the next day after I arrived. His only excuse was that he had been in meetings and didn't want to appear rude taking personal phone calls. Disregarding the complaint I had about his negligence in asking about his in law's who he claimed to love.

That soon turned into a heated debate over where either of our loyalties lay. He had the nerve to question my contributory behavior or lack there was, in so many words. His insensitive remark only further sparked the angry flame that was being flicked inside of me. If it weren't for me always bending to his needs, wants, and ambitions I would have been here for my parents more often.

Sadly I knew I couldn't blame him completely, I was a grown woman who was dead set on pleasing my husband. There had been plenty of opportunities to travel to see about my family but I allowed other things to become more important. The guilt was mainly causing me to lash out. Something else was causing me to be a bit paranoid though.

One night calling William turned into something totally different when someone else answered his ringing cell. My first initial reaction was to check to be sure I dialed the right number. Upon seeing his smiling face on the screen, I knew there was no mistake. By the time the lady repeated her greeting, William was heard first apologizing then saying a humorous hello as well.

"William, who was that woman answering your phone?"

"Megan, oh... hey honey. That was Francine," He said as if it were nothing at all.

"Who the heck is Francine?"

"Bishop and Lady Grayson's daughter, she confused my phone for hers. We have been doing that all day."

"That must be the reason why I haven't heard from you since last night."

"Excuse me for a minute, I will be right back." William could be heard leaving the room with all the movement going on. "Is everything alright? You sound upset."

"Uhh, let another man answer my phone while I am away on so called business and see how you react. Upset? That is an understatement. I am livid, how dare you disrespect me this way."

"Now you wait just a minute. I am not the one who left their spouse to fly all the way back home."

"My father had a stroke, what the hell was I supposed to do?"

"First lower your voice and you will remember your place."

"My place, have you slipped and lost your mind? Furthermore, you would be with me if you weren't being selfish, thinking only of yourself."