Chapter Eighteen

The Vacation is almost over...

This vacation was just what the doctor ordered seriously. Only if the troubles of the world weren't waiting for me when I returned to Dallas, I would be in heaven right now. It seemed everything was peachy keen when I was the meek, quiet, and clueless wife. Now my life felt so messed up. No one is who they proclaimed to be in my life besides Vette and Tre just traded roles.

Instead of the supportive friend, he has turned out to be my lover. Oh God, what a tangled mess I have weaved. All stemming from crappy self-esteem and a broken heart, I have turned into a cheater. An overnight success in the jezebel department, even if it's only been like twice we have been intimate, the proof is still present.

Although I have been suffering from my monthly cycle, we still enjoyed spending time together. Unlike William, Tre had no problems holding me at night while we slept or cuddle at every other opportunity. Explaining to him what William has always done had him busting a gut laughing at the old-fashioned foolery.

Tre was everything a girl could ever want in a man. He was very attentive in every aspect imaginable. His patience was unbending for I know he has to meditate constantly to fool with me and my moods. The women in Miami are beyond beautiful and they aren't shy about vying for a man's attention in the least bit. Even going as far as to introduce themselves while I stood right next to him, clearly insinuating that I wasn't a threat.

He would however sidestep their advances and pull me into his side letting the proof be all the putting needed. Even though the women would consider it as a joke at first but when he didn't bat an eyelash, they would back off. Maybe it was the finality in his words or the cool look that let them know it was not up for discussion and his answer was final.

"I wish I was the reason for the smile to be on your face." Tre interrupted my thoughts of him.

"You always make me smile."

"Even now," he asked.

"I was just thinking, nothing serious."

"Those must have been some caring thoughts if you zoned out with such a serene look on your face."

"How was your session?" I chose to ignore his statement and find out how his day was. He'd been gone since the wee hours of the morning.

"It was cool, very beneficial."

"How so," I asked generally interested.

"As you know this was not just a random vacation, there was some business involved. The guy I met with is an investor and I have been considering starting my own gym. Prayerfully one day, there will be a chain of T.O.P. Fitness centers in different states."

"Oh my God, Tre that is wonderful. I knew you always wanted that but I wasn't aware that you had begun working towards your dream. I feel like such a bad friend."

"Don't start that, you are a wonderful friend." He kissed me on the forehead before resuming his lean against the banister. "Actually Vette linked Mr. Bufford with me, he is one of her clients I believe."

"That is wonderful news Tre. When will you know?"

"Mr. Bufford has requested a private meeting at one of his lounges tonight; there he will give me his final decision. Touring one of the facilities in the area that he owns today, I highlighted my training skills."

"That is great, you should probably rest up for tonight then. I would hate for you to show up at your meeting dragging."

"I will be cool, the question is did you pack anything to attend a dinner meeting?"