Chapter Sixteen

After the morning after, after the night before... The words from the Frankie Beverly and Maze song were raising up all types of visions. Different scenarios kept surfacing causing an already fragile situation to become too difficult to decipher. A serious night of nothing short of lovemaking had gone down in Tre's bedroom.

A loose, scrupulous harlot is what I currently feel like. True enough I have made the first step in attaining my freedom by visiting a divorce attorney but legally I was an adulterer. The same as my trifling husband was, a cheater, and a shame before God. I'd missed two Sunday's at church and knew the rumor mill probably was swarming with vultures over the fresh kill.

Actually, the women that pined over William should be delighted in my absence. Now that revelations had started to hit the fan, it was probably just cause for them to be so haughty when it came to him. No telling how many of the women that were outraged were sleeping with the good pastor. The movie called, 'The Under Shepard,' comes to mind when thinking about this big mess.

Gradually, Tre and I kind of gravitated to the disbelief area of what we'd done. Maybe I was living in denial and he was giving me space. We hadn't spoken about what went down, we kind of ignore it as if it never happened. Of course, there is some tension but we have both thrown ourselves into our separate business dealings. By the time, we return to his place, sleep is the only thing going down and separately at that.

My terrible psyche is doing a number on me though, causing me to think the worst. Could it be that he didn't enjoy our interaction as much as I can't seem to forget it? Although it was only one time or several times in one encounter, my body is craving his like a drug. So now I'm addicted to not only the comforting friendship but now I crave him as a woman can only crave a man. Just the thought of him has sent me crumpling to my knees while I shower.

"Hey Megan, your noon appointment is here." Kris announced.

"Thanks Kris, show them back." I did my best to put all my personal feelings and problems to the side. Business had to come in order for me to eat, especially since this has to be my sole income.

"Well hello there," a face I didn't anticipate on seeing came through the door of my work area. Zennia and the girl that confronted me about Tre waltzed in as if they were on top of the world.

"What can I do for you ladies?"

"For starters, you can wipe that fake smile off your face. The way your world is crumbling around you, there is no need to parade around like everything is peachy. Everyone knows," Zennia taunted.

"I'm sorry knows what, that you are the skeezer my husband has been laying with? Why should what other people think about you bother me?"

"No see, they know the truth, that you ran poor William mad with your heathenish ways. How about about the fact, he had no other choice but to sit aside and watch his whorish wife gallivant with her play brother."

"That is not true and you know it."

"Says you, the missing in action bimbo who is shacking up with said best friend, I owe Tre big time for keeping you occupied so the real you can come out."

"Now that you are done, why don't you pack up your little belongings and get lost." The other woman finally spoke. "Tre can do so much better than you. Now that he's got what he wanted all along, you can mosey on back to the bottoms where your only family is."

"Oh did I forget to tell you, she doesn't have any family. Her own mother confessed to not being blood related. Poor little cunt has no one; no husband, no friends, no kids, no anything keeping you in this life, so why keep trying to make others miserable. You know it would seem you would be better off dead."