STORM ▬ jon snow

TITLE: Storm*
OC: Meredith* Seaworth
LOVE INTEREST: Jon Snow
THEME: Storm by Ruelle*
STATUS: Open

FACE CLAIM:

Samantha Barks*

PLOT SUMMARY:

Meredith Seaworth is a gentle soul. Much like her father, the Onion Knight, she puts duty and loyalty to her loved ones before her own feelings. When she loses her brother, and her father almost perishes in the Battle of the Blackwater, she vows never to leave his side again; even when that means abandoning her home, her mother, and venturing north to The Wall, where a different world awaits entirely. There, she meets the dark and brooding Lord Commander, Jon Snow, a man who is haunted by the ghosts of his past and tormented by grief that has gripped his soul. Meredith is determined to thaw Jon's rapidly freezing heart before it becomes closed off forever, but in doing so she is at risk of breaking her own.

EXTRA DETAILS:

A good place to start the story would be right at the end of the Battle of Castle Black when Stannis comes to the rescue at the wall. (season 4 episode 10)
Meredith* is extremely young and innocent, at only 17* she hasn't had much experience being romantically involved with men, she's only ever known her brother and father.
Her relationship with Jon moves quite fast, on her side at least. She immediately takes a liking to him, but he has only just lost Ygritte and so is in no hurry to move on, wanting to just be friends if anything.
Meredith* is incredibly naive though and when she makes her feelings for Jon clear (maybe by trying to kiss him) she doesn't understand why he rejects her so harshly, and then starts to become insecure about her appearance etc, thinking he dislikes her due to her looks.
When Jon dies, Meredith* stays by his side throughout. She has a deep hatred for Melisandre through what her father thinks of the woman, but has no choice but to beg her to save Jon. When Melisandre asks him about the afterlife he says he saw nothing - but in fact he 'dreamt' of Meredith*
After that he starts to view her in a different light, but is still hesitant to dive straight into a relationship. He tells her about his dreams which encourages her to think he likes her.
When Jon (and Davos) go off to fight Ramsay in the Battle of the Bastards, Meredith* comes with them, even though she has no idea how to fight - she just wants to protect her father and try and prove to Jon that she's not completely usueless.
My idea is that she dies in the battle near the end, and dies in Jon's arms, an echo of Ygritte's death - but it's totally up to you if you want it to happen that way, or if you want her to die at all. personally I think it would be a good way to end it, quite bittersweet.
The story should be quite short, I don't think it would need more than 20 chapters (depending on the length of each)

NOTE:

•I haven't read every single Game of Thrones fanfiction on Wattpad so if this plot has already been thought of by anybody before, message me and I'll take this down, but I genuinely haven't seen this done before sO DON'T SHOUT AT ME
•Fair warning, if nobody takes this within a few weeks I might take it myself, I'm just a bit busy with my other stories at the moment.
• Anything with a * next to it means it can be changed, but please consult me first about what you are going to change. (An alternative title I had in mind was Anchor, with the theme of The Anchor by Bastille)
•Leave a comment if you're interested, and pm me if you have any questions!
wintersfell