CHAPTER 09

"SO, WHERE ARE YOU going to go now?" Steve asked Ana as they watched everyone leave, Jacqueline at his side.

Ana gave him a closed mouth smile, "I'm gonna go find my ghost."

He looked down at the dark haired girl, "What's with you this ghost?"

"He killed my fiancee." She answered, "He was a fellow SHIELD agent. I woke up to a bullet being put into his head. I fought the attacker off, but they escaped." She looked off into the distance before looking back at Steve and Jacq, "I never knew why he was killed."

"So you want revenge." Jacqueline stated,

Ana shook her head, "I want to avenge him. They're two different things. I just want to know why him."

"So you tracked the ghost to Moscow?"

"I saw him when I was under capture with Strucker. He was one of the ones to torture me. He stood in the doorway while they experimented on me." Ana said.

"You know what he looks like? Couldn't you find out who he really is online?" Jacq questioned,

"But that's the thing, I tried. But he doesn't exist. There were other reports that popped up going back around fifty years, but no identity. The ghost, he didn't look older than thirty." Ana explained, "He's impossible."

"Like me?" Steve asked,

Ana smiled and nodded, "Yeah, Steve, kinda like you."

She gave everyone one last nod before getting into her car and driving off.