CHAPTER 10

"I NEED YOU TO COME IN."

"I'm busy, Fury." Ana sighed, looking around the city of Moscow.

"Something's going down and I need someone here who I know I can trust." He stated,

"Is this about Frost?" She asked, walking down the street and towards her apartment,

The girl had disappeared months ago, vanished without a trace. Most of SHIELD, even Fury, believed that she had ran away. They thought that the stress had been too much for her. 

They weren't too concerned with her disappearance. They believe that she'll lose control at some point and they'll easily find her.

But it hasn't happened yet.

And Steve wasn't going to give up.

"No. It's worse. I can't say over the phone, they could be listening." Fury responded,

Ana paused. Fury wouldn't have called if it wasn't serious, "Give me three days."

"You have two." He stated before hanging up.

Ana placed her phone back into her pocket before continuing on her way. But she wasn't at ease for long. She felt eyes on her form, watching her every move.

Before she made it to her apartment, she rounded the corner and stood in an alleyway. She looked over at the heater before absorbing all the electricity from it.

A hooded figure rounded the corner and raised a gun.

"Didn't you hear? Don't bring a gun to a mutant fight."

They fired the gun but Ana dodged the bullet before it reached her. She held out her hand and lighting stuck from her fingers and vibrated through the hooded figure before they collapsed.

Anastasiya ran over to them and kneeled beside them, ripping the hood off their head to reveal their face.

"Oni idut." (they're coming), The man smirked before bringing the gun to his head and pulling the trigger.

Ana stumbled back in horror. She looked around, making sure no one was watching before running off.

She made it back to her apartment and closed all the curtains to make sure no one was watching her.

The brunette woman searched her apartment for any bugs. When she didn't find any, she rushed to her bedroom to pack. After putting some clothes in her backpack, she moved to her bathroom to grab a few toiletries before pausing.

On her mirror was a red star, created using her red lipstick.

She knew what that meant.

He was watching.

The Ghost.

Ana pulled out her phone and called Fury back, "Yeah... I'll be there tomorrow."