| Thirty-Three |

I paced back and forth in a hotel room just outside of town. My boarding school was only thirty minutes away and the hotel was mostly vacant. I had just gotten a shower but when I came out Lucky wasn't there. I worried that maybe Mr. Knight had woken up and somehow found us, but I highly doubted he did. With the amount of force Lucky exerted upon him, I'd be surprised if he ever woke up again. I tapped my foot anxiously against the beige carpet. Lucky's life was in danger and it was all my fault.

My eyes darted to the door as I heard the knob twist. Lucky walked in carrying a black bag and jumped once he saw me. "Brielle love, what's wrong?" he asked as soon as he saw my facial expression. I immediately ran to him and wrapped my arms around his tall form. I was in a short, silky black robe that Bella had picked out for me when we went shopping one time. She said it would be perfect for when I had a boyfriend.

"You weren't here when I came out and I was just a little worried." I admitted meekly.

"Well, I just went out to get something." he smiled softly and pecked my lips before shaking the bag in his hand.

"What is it?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What could he have possibly bought at a time like this? I thought we were supposed to be laying low?

"Just a little something for you to wear tonight." he grinned before handing me the bag. I cautiously opened it up and beamed at what was inside.

"It's beautiful," I gasped as I held the silky fabric in my hands. It was a tight fitted, navy blue dress that was slightly longer in the back. Long sleeves graced the arms and the front of the dress was dangerously low. I worried that my breasts wouldn't fit. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to a French restaurant not far from here for a belated birthday celebration. There's a dress code and since I just threw random clothes into a suitcase, I figured you wouldn't have anything to wear. If you don't like it I can get you something else..." he scratched the back of his head almost nervously. I carefully laid the dress on the bed before skipping over to my incredible man.

   What did I ever do to deserve him?

"It is absolutely perfect, just like you." I pecked his lips gently as my hands clasped the lapels of his suit. "Thank you so much." It warmed my heart that he was taking the time to celebrate my birthday. Even as a kid I didn't have many birthday celebrations. My parents were never home.

"Anything for you, my precious girl." he grinned before kissing me back. "Now go get ready. We have reservations at seven." he shooed me away but not before slapping my ass.

"Hey," I narrowed my eyes at him playfully. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand and had a mini heart attack when I saw the time. I only had thirty minutes to get ready!

"My hand slipped," he shrugged with a smirk.

"Oh, I'm sure." I retorted sarcastically before picking up the dress and heading for the bathroom. I hesitated at the doorway. "Are you sure this is the best time to do this?" I asked. Referring to the fact we had a hunter on our heels.

"Absolutely," he answered confidently. "I hit his head very hard. He won't be waking up for a long time and when he does I'm sure a restaurant is the last place he'll look," he smiled, eyes sparkling with laughter.

"Okay," I trusted him with my life. My eyes widened as I realized I only had half an hour to make myself look presentable for dinner.