Chapter 7

"What? Missing?" Jonas repeated scrunching up his face. "How do you loose a person?"

"I don't know, okay! She was, right behind me-I don't know what happened..." Alex rubbed her face, stressed and on the verge of tears. Ren was the first to go over and hug her.

"Alex listen to me. We are gonna find both missing girls, Jonas and I are gonna switch back, and then we are gonna go home. Victory dinner on me."

"Thanks, uh, Ren." Alex said with a warm smile. "Oh, and body swap? Still confusing." She added laughing lightly.

"I know." Ren and Jonas said in unison, then looking at each other scoffing.

"Also, thanks for the hug. Now I'm cold and wet." Alex somewhat scolded jokingly.

"I thought you might want to join me and Jonas. We wouldn't want you to feel left out."

"Oh thanks for looking out for me Ren." Alex scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Anyways, where to first?"

------

They'd been wandering for 20 minutes, with no luck. The three of them had gone to search at the communication tower again, in hopes of...anything. But all they found was a giant pile of nothing. The old radio wasn't even talking to them anymore.

"I hate to say this but, we have nothing..." Ren admitted looking down at his feet, kicking a rock sending it skipping along the concrete.

"Hey c'mon. You of all people are just gonna, give up? I've seen you spend like, what? 2 weeks on helping that one kid study for his exams? Inclduing weekends."

"Heh, yeah but that was-"

"And then you helped him again for a math test."

"Well yeah-"

"Oh also that Science quiz too. You aren't even that great at science-"

"Alright! Okay, I see your point." Ren said quickly, laughing nervously. "Just, stop talking."

"Um, so no giving up. Cool. What uh, now?" Jonas questioned, akwardly  shifting the conversation elsewhere. He didn't want to hear more about how much Ren helped this guy; it made him almost...jealous.

"I feel like that, is the $100 question of tonight." Alex sighed, adjusting her ponytail.

Suddenly, there was a huge flash of light, the sky turning practically white. It was blinding; all three covered their eyes.

"What the hell was that?"

______________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES:

Sooo finally an update lol. Ik this chapter is kinda eh but I kinda got writers block haha.

But the next chapter is already in progress and its flowing a lot nicer then this one! So just hang in there  with me lol.

Best wishes!
-Nathan ☆