Chapter 8

"What the hell was that."

Ren asked with wide eyes. The other two shook their heads, thinking the worst. Nobody moved, afraid as if movement would trigger another blinding flash. After a few seconds of silence, there was a horrible, ear piercing scream. Everyone froze, looking to one another for an answer that none of them had. Before they could think of what to do, a figure ran out of the house.

"Holy shit is that..."

"Nona!!" Alex was the first to run up to her, the other two close behind.

"O-Oh my...I-I-Shit..." Nona was pale, almost ghostly white. Tears were streaming down her face as she fell to her knees. She kept mumbling out incoherent words through a panicked voice. Alex knelt down next to her.

"Nona?" She said softly, putting an arm on the other girl's shoulder.

"Oh god-Alex!!" Nona sobbed out as Alex pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey its...okay." Alex soothed. She wasn't sure if it was okay, but what else could she say?

"What happened?" Ren asked gently. By this point the two boys were knelt down next to Nona as well.

"I dont know...she...I...god!" Nona cried into Alex's shoulder.

"Hey, Nona. Its alright. Just breathe." Alex said calmly, though she was freaking out as well.

"Ren, lets check out the house." Jonas suggested standing up. Ren nodded as he followed Jonas' movements.

"NO! That house isn't safe!" Nona protested snapping her head up.

"Why...not?" Jonas questioned nervously. Did he want to know what was in that house?

"Clarissa is fucking dead!!" Nona shouted clenching her teeth.

"Oh god, what? How?" Ren asked eyes wide.

"I-I dont know! I had lost Alex in the woods. While trying to find her a...light I think? I dunno what it was but it hurt...so bad. I think I passed out...when I woke up. I was in that house...Clarissa laying next to me. I went to wake her but...shit-she wasn't breathing!"

"Okay Nona...I didn't tell you and Ren this earlier but Jonas and I saw Clarissa...kill herself..."

"What?"

"She...jumped out of a window. I think she was like possesed or something...Just, I think the ghosts are playing games with us."

"Oh my god so...she's still alive?!" Nona questioned, inhaling sharply.

"Possibly. Jonas and Ren will check it out alright?" Alex explained as she gestured for the two to investigate.

"Oh yeah of course. We're gonna, go investigate the house Clarissa was found dead in." Jonas said with fake enthusiasm as he and Ren started towards the house.

"Be careful!" Nona warned, standing up.

"Will do." Ren said saluting at the girls.

"But no promises." Jonas added quietly, sighing.

---

"Fuck. It's dark in here." Ren complained as they found themselves entering the house again; but through the unlocked front door this time around. "Why-How did it get so dark?"

"I dunno but best if we just find Clarissa and get out of here. This house is creeping me out." Jonas said as he inched forward.

"Looking. For. Her...?"

"Shit." Ren cursed as the radio static spoke up. Clarissa emerged from the shadows, looking, well not good but not possesed.

"Where...am I?" Clarissa moaned looking around.

"Clarissa!!" Jonas tried to run to her, but was knocked down instantly. The ghosts then dragged him away.

"Ohmygod! Fuck! What do-What do you want?!" Ren shouted.

"Freedom."

"Find somebody else to help you. Clarissa is coming home with us."

"Afriad. Not. Child."

"She's coming with us." Ren demanded again, walking closer to his unconscious friend. Suddenly he was stopped however, unable to move his body.

"We. Said. No." The ghosts scolded, somehow the radio voice sounding angry.

"Let me go!" Ren cried, trying his hardest to move but to no avail.

"Leave. Will. Be. Possible." The static promised. "Struggling. Is. Pointless." Well that was true up until Ren finally moved, gasping lightly.

"Did I do that?" Ren asked in surprise, looking at his hands as though they were magical.

"Not exactly." Alex said, holding her radio by the front door. Ren smiled to her until they heard Clarissa groaning. The both of them rushed over to her.

"What the hell...? Alex? Jonas?" She groaned sitting up.

"Shit. Jonas." Ren said standing up, looking to where the ghosts had dragged him. Clarissa looked at Ren with furrowed eyebrows.

"There's a lot to explain." Alex noted, helping the other girl to her feet.

"Well you better start soon." Clarissa huffed. 

"Where the hell is Jonas?" Alex questioned looking to Ren expectantly.

"Alex, Jonas is right there." Clarissa pointed out,

"Okay I'm going to take her to the boat. Ren, get Jonas and meet us there so we can the fuck out of here."

"Will do." Ren saluted at Alex as he ventured to find the other boy.

______________________________________

AUTHOR NOTES:

Y i k e s

Long time since an update! I just have like no time bc my life is crazy. Add that with writers block and damn we've got no update.

I promise the next chapter will be out sooner!! Maybe in a couple of days! Sorry guys I hope you understand! ;w;

Thanks for reading!
-Nathan