Chapter 5

Rikkard Ambrose

My hands clenched into fists. She was here. She was crying and she left. And I didn't do anything to stop her. I didn't even uttered a word. She was begging me with her eyes and what did I do? I stayed silent.

She is getting married. And this time, I can't do anything to stop it, because I don't know who the suitor is.

Or can't I? If I talk to her Aunt, maybe I...

What am I even thinking? That is not possible, or is it?

I stood there for a while just thinking about Miss Linton. Not mister, Miss Linton. My fiery, little Ifrit. But I couldn't see the scorching burning fire in her eyes today. All I could see was emptiness and sadness.

My Ifrit would never agree to losing her freedom. Right?

Wrong! She did! She agreed to everything her Aunt says if her little sister could get married to the man she loves.

But... what about me? Us?

I was silent even when she asked me. Now, I have to handle the consequences of staying silent. I have to watch her go with some other man, watch her live with someone else, go on adventures with someone who isn't me.

The green eyed monster was clawing all of my insides.

NO! I am not going to let that happen. I will never allow another man to touch what's mine! And she is MINE!

When she left she took the noise with her. And for the first time, I hated this silence. I want to break free from this silence.

The thought of someone else being with her was enough for me to do what I did next.

'Karim!'

He came at once. 'Yes, Sahib?'

'Prepare the coach. We are going to Miss Linton's house.'

The Mohammedan was shocked to say the least. But my look was enough for him to not ask any questions.

'Yes, Sahib.'

As we reached her house, I realized that I was nervous for the first time in a long time. But I know that you would not be able to make that from my face. She would, I thought.

We stopped right in front of her house.

'Karim?'

He knew what I wanted and knocked the door. The door opened painfully slow and out came a very old looking Butler.

He looked at Karim and then myself. He lost his composure for a just a minute and then said,

'Forgive me, ...'

'Mr Rikkard Ambrose' I said.

His eyes widened. Oh, so he have heard of me.

'Mr Ambrose! Good evening, sir. How may I help you?'

'I want to meet with Mr. Brank.'

'Umm... I will talk to Master Branks, may I know what is this about? Why don't you wait in the drawing room, Sir?' the old Butler said all this very slow.

Karim looked at me and I nodded. We entered the house after Leadfield, as we later get to know his name. He leaded us to the drawing room after talking to who seems like the lady of the house.

Her eyes widened when she saw Karim. I know she was shocked to see me as well.

'Mr Ambrose, welcome to our house,' she said.