Chapter 14: Attack on Inkopolis Square

When they got back to Inkopolis Suare, they saw tons of Octolings attacking.

"Oh no," said Sheldon. "They made it here."

"Then we'll just have to fight them off," said Jay.

So everyone got out their weapons and started to take down the Octolings. Sheldon used his rainmaker and splatted three Octolings at once. Jay used his dualies to take out two more. Ben and Captain Cuttlefish plowed into the shops and saved the owners. Then someone walked out of the battle tower. It was of course Callie.

"Why would you attack Inkopolis Square? asked Sheldon. "Are you trying to get the Great Zapfish?"

"No," she replied. "I'm looking for someone."

"Who?" asked Sheldon.

"None of your business," answered Callie.

Then she walked over to Sheldon and picked him up.

"Oh carp," he said.

Then Callie got hit with a barrage of ink as Jay, Ben and Captain Cuttlefish came to the rescue.

"We took out all of the Octolings," Jay said. "It wasn't easy."

"You took them out already?" questioned Callie. "I guess I'm going to have to train them more."

Then she ran off, leaving the team exhausted.

"I wish Marie was here," said Jay. "She'd know what to do."

"I am here," said a voice.

"Marie?" they all questioned.

They turned around but saw nothing.

"Well, I'm technically not here," she continued. "I'm actually chained up in a dungeon. But I'm talking to you over a wireless transmission."

"Wait, how are you alive?" asked Jay.

"Well, it turns out that when you don't get splatted with enemy ink, you can regenerate," she said. "Callie didn't splat me with a weapon. But she knew that, so she captured me and put me down here."

"Oh," said Sheldon. "Well, we'll come save you."

"Good luck," she replied. "I'll try to bring Callie back to her senses."

Then the transmission ended.

"I can't believe that Marie's alive," said Ben.

"Yeah, me neither," agreed Sheldon.