Chapter 4 - The Decision

Entry 5

Day 4

            Yesterday was an amazing day full of awesome moments. I finished my earth bending and fire bending training with an iron fist! The evaluation was tough, but I got through it and I showed the Masters what I could do.

            The earth bending evaluation was tough. Having to fight off two earth bending masters was really challenging and I had struggled until I felt a certain strength I could not explain. I felt the power of someone else. I have not explained this to Katara yet, but I may have to in order to understand what it means.

            Today Tenzin will arrive and he will live here and teach me air bending. I can’t wait for him to get here!

            He will be here in a few hours so I am going to go take Naga out for a run.

 ___________________________________________________________________________

         I washed my hair and bended the water out of my hair. I used my fire bending to semi dry my hair. Being the Avatar does have its perks, and I intend to use them as much as I can.

            I walked outside to be greeted by Naga.

            “Naga! Good Morning, girl!” I said as I ran and hugged her.

            She licked my face and rubbed up against my shoulder. It looked like she wanted to go out for a walk. I grabbed her saddle and place it on her back. I buckled the straps down, and made sure it was secure. I jump up on Naga and grabbed the reins.

            “Let’s head out Naga!” I yelled.

            Naga slowly walked to the front gate. We saw a White Lotus guard. He was staring at us.

            “I am going to take Naga out for a walk.” I said to the guard.

            He looked at us with confusion.

            “Don’t worry, we aren’t going far…” I responded while rolling my eyes.

            He opened the gate and the light from the sun flooded in like a dam being broken in a river. The sun shined over the sea and it was truly beautiful. I tugged on the reins and Naga continued forward.

            We walked for a little bit and I noticed the White Lotus were really keeping an eye on me.

            “Naga go!” I yelled.

            Naga started gaining speed and finally reached a full run. The cold artic air was filling my lungs and the wind blew through my hair. It was an amazing morning.

            I started nudging Naga to head home. I was getting tired and I noticed Tenzin was going to be here any minute. As we walked to the gate we saw a huge shadow above us. Naga was starting to panic and I looked up. It was a flying bison!

            “Tenzin.” I said under my breath.

            “Come on Naga! Let’s hurry!” I yelled.

            Naga ran to the gate and as it opened we kept on running to the house on the hill. It took us awhile because of the deep snow, but we made it. There to greet us was Katara and Tenzin.

            “Tenzin!” I yelled as I gave him a hug and a bow.

            “Korra, you have grown. It is so nice to see you.” Tenzin responded.