Before the Pre-Epilogue

(The dog is Rover, BTW

(The dog is Rover, BTW.)

This chapter will be a lot longer. This isn't the actual epilogue yet, it's next chapter (unless I do a different idea) Thank you guys so much for staying until this, it warms my heart to know that people stayed through my horrible grammar lol.

Athena's POV & Four Years Later

"Chris!" I groaned, held my bump and keened in pain. He ran into the backyard with Ben, then immediately ran up to me. He scooped me up bridal style. This is the fourth time we have been in this situation. The last three, I had a miscarriage, "It hurts!" I whimpered and clung onto his shirt,

"I know baby, I'm sorry," he murmured and laid me down in the backseat of our car. I held my belly and grabbed his hand, "This is the farthest you've made it, I'm so proud," he smiled. I nodded and laid down. He put Ben in his seat and hopped in the front.

I clenched my teeth as I went through another contraction. Chris grabbed my hand and ran his thumb over my knuckles, "Both hands on the wheel," I joked.

He chuckled and squeezed my hand, "I'll break the law for you," I kissed his hand, but squeezed harder when I felt something pushing out of me,

"Hurry up! Our baby wants out!" I groaned and bit my lip. I haven't felt this type of pain since last time I got a beating. It hurt more than when it did with Ben, yet, I don't think it's a miscarriage, "Ben, you might be a brother," I said in between breaths. His smile grew,

"For real this time? I don't like when you joked before," he asked. I felt my heart almost shatter, but Chris smiled and pulled into the hospital,

"For real," Chris reassured. I went to sit up, but the wave of pain coursed through me like a truck hitting a deer. I whined and punched the passenger seat, "Baby, just hold on for five minutes, we're so close!" Chris took Ben, then ran over to me, "Almost there," he carried me bridal style with Ben on our tails.

Once we got into the room, Chris had to call someone to watch Ben. I was handed a pillow, so I squeezed it harder than I've squeezed anything. The pain was unbearable. Chris ran in and stood by my side, "I can't do this. I can't-"

"Athena, baby. I know you can, just look at me. Look into my eyes," he told me. I heard the doctor yell push, so I did. Chris held my hand but winced when I squeezed too tightly. I looked deeply into his dark, gorgeous eyes. The pain was lessened and he calmed me down, but it still hurt.

Push.

Breathe.

Push.

Scream.

Breathe.

I pushed once more before something was pulled out. I was ready for them to tell me it was a miscarriage, but they didn't. All I heard were cries. Baby cries. I felt my entire world get more colorful, everything was brighter. I smiled with teary eyes, but then there was another pain. I told Chris to get the doctors attention, and when he did, he was confused. I braced my teeth and felt around for Chris' hand, which was right beside me. The doctor told me to push, push? What else could be in there?