Two: Zeron

Sorry for the late update, I just needed to piece together the storyline better before giving this to you!

******************

Reina woke up with a start.

Her body was matted with cold sweat and her heart was pounding abnormally fast. Her body felt recklessly sore and there was the metallic taste of blood in her mouth. What the hell?

She looked around. It was dark. She couldn't make out anything at first, but then her eyes slowly adjusted and she found herself on a mattress inside a dark room. There were no windows, just stones as the walls and black wood as furniture. There were oil lamps on either side of the bed, casting sinister shadows on the walls.

She tried to make sense of everything. She'd been in her room when she'd felt a dark gaze on her. Then she'd ran in the middle of a battle...and then she was taken by the Alpha of the Soul Pack. Alpha Zeron.

"Oh no," she whispered, finding her breathing grow even harsher than before. Her claws dug into the sheets as she tried to control her breathing. This couldn't be happening. Her mate couldn't be him. Everything about him screamed depravity. He was known for it.

Her body began to shudder out of control, and her strange robes didn't help. She clutched the duvet and forced it over her head. She needed to clear her head and think. She couldn't let fear dictate her. She couldn't fear again. Fear was in her past, and now she was someone different, someone much darker.

"Okay...okay. Reina, you got this." She pulled the cover back down and built her resolve. She would get through this. She's lived for all these years without being killed, and that was impressive. No one in the Darklands survived for very long from the rape, torture, killing, and trafficking. Wars always broke out where she lived, and she'd fought on many small ones with the Death Alpha. But this was no longer the Darklands. This was the Soulands, home of the Soul Pack. This was a completely different territory.

She didn't know anything about the Soulands, except that a few years ago the Alpha of the Soul Pack had annihilated the two other packs that used to exist. Now the Soul Pack was the only pack to reign in the Soulands.

Slowly, she stepped on the hard stone floor. It was cold but smooth. The soles of her feet twitched in response. She didn't like the cold. She was used to the heat, the long stretches of summer and the sun that beat down on her sun-kissed skin. But those days were gone.

She straightened up to her full height and stretched to loosen her muscles. Damn, she was sore. Probably because she fought an Alpha wolf...and sorely lost. Not that it was her fault. He was large. And there had been something else that made her freeze up just at the sight of him. His mind had spiraled out of control when she saw his eyes. There was madness, like he had gone rogue. He reminded her of a wild wolf, the savages one would find in rogue territory. It unsettled her. What if he suddenly snapped?

She suddenly started hearing the sound of footsteps approaching her room.

"Fuck fuck fuck," she muttered, her eyes quickly darting around for something to use as a weapon. She dashed around, looked under the bed, on the dresser. Everything was empty. Just her fucking luck. The doorknob began to twist and she knew her time was up. Thinking fast, she grabbed the pillow from the bed. Maybe if she could somehow get him on the ground, she could suffocate him. But how the hell was she even going to get him on the ground?

Her body tightened and she knew from the shooting awareness in her conscience that Zeron was the one entering the room. And right when his shadow dipped low on the ground as light spilled in front of him, she went ballistic.