Marc Barta - Meeting Gala

"Baby, are you sure this is a good idea?" you asked, twiddling your fingers as you spoke into the phone.

"Mi amor, I only have Gala for another two days for the rest of the month, and I really want you to meet her," Marc begged, his thick Spanish accent always tugging at your heart.

About a year and a half ago, Marc and Melissa separated and divorced, sharing custody of their daughter. You were a friend of Roman's and met Marc at a dinner party once, immediately hitting it off. You and Marc had been dating for about four months now and were moving pretty quickly and seriously.

"Are you sure this isn't too soon?" The nervousness in your voice stood out.

"When have we ever worried about things being too soon?" your boyfriend chuckled, both of you thinking back to what went down on your second date.

"I guess you're right, baby," you blushed, glad that Marc wasn't there to see you.

"This afternoon at four?"

You spent the rest of the morning trying to busy yourself before you had to get ready. You were nervous — what if Gala didn't like you? Marc would obviously choose his daughter, his own flesh and blood, over you.

Three-thirty eventually came around, and it was time to head over to Marc's. Pulling into the front drive of the building, the doorman, Charles, greeted you.

"Mr. Bartra told me that you'd be here today, how are you Ms. (Y/L/N)?" the man asked.

You made small talk with Charles before the valet came to park your car.

"Have a good day, ma'am," Charles said as you headed inside the building's lobby. You took the elevator up to Marc's floor, your anxiety building. Stepping off the elevator, you timidly made your way to his door, trying desperately to slow your speeding heart rate down.

You rapped on the door three times, and after a few seconds, you locked eyes with your gorgeous boyfriend.

"Hola, mi amor, did you get here okay?" Marc asked. He was always concerned about your well-being.

"I'm okay, where's Gala?" you looked around the apartment, not seeing where the toddler was.

"Gaaalaaaaaaa?" Marc called into the hallway.

"Sí, Papa?" she came running out of her room.

Marc went over and scooped his little girl up in his arms.

"Gala, I want you to meet someone," he walked toward you, "This is (Y/N), can you say hi?"

"Hola," the little girl waved at you.

"Hola, Gala, it's nice to meet you," you smiled.

"Gala, mija, (Y/N) is Papa's very special friend," Marc explained, "Papa likes her a lot and wanted you to meet her."

Gala looked at her father with a puzzled look on her face. I mean, it was a lot to take in for a child her age.

"But what about Mama?" she questioned. This was what you worried about. You didn't want Gala to think you were replacing her mom.

"Well, honey, Mama and I don't feel the same way like we did before. It might make more sense when you're older, mija, but now, I really like (Y/N). Do you think you can get to know her, sweetie?"

You held your breath as Gala contemplated what she was going to say. Her response could change everything.

"Can she play tea party with me?" she asked.

You smiled, "I would love to play tea party with you, Gala!"

The toddler wriggled out of her father's arms and grabbed your hand.

"Come to my room! I made cupcakes for my teddy bears," she led you to the hallway.

You looked back at Marc and saw him smiling, happy that his two girls were getting along. You spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Gala and getting to know her.

"Would you like more cake?" she asked, holding up a toy plate with imaginary desserts on it.

Later that night, Gala had an uncle's date with Roman, taking her off you and Marc's hands. Exhausted from playing with the energy-filled girl, you flopped down on your boyfriend's bed.

"Well, I'm glad that you guys like each other," Marc said, lying down next to you, "because I don't know what I'd do if you didn't."

He kissed your forehead, causing you to blush. Even now, the little things still get you at times.

Over time, whenever it was Marc's turn with Gala, you tried to spend as much time with her as possible. Sometimes, you'd even hang out together alone when Marc was off at training. You'd take her to the park, and sometimes, even to get ice cream — but don't tell Marc. She was becoming like a daughter to you. You weren't trying to replace Melissa, though, after all, she did birth Gala. However, that didn't stop you from making her your flower girl at you and Marc's wedding two years later.