Marco Reus - I Hate that I Love You

"I'm outside, come out when you're ready," read the text your brother just sent to you.

You looked yourself over in the mirror one last time before slipping on your heels and grabbing your clutch. You were headed out to your brother's fiancée's birthday party and wanted to look good in case you were to meet someone.

"Don't you think that dress is a little much?" Mario asked as you hopped into his car.

You simply rolled your eyes and scrolled through your phone as he drove to the party venue. Mario was a year younger than you, but acted as protective as an older brother.

"(Y/N)! You look amazing!" Ann-Kathrin hugged you as you walked into the event space.

"Happy birthday, babe!" you handed her a present.

You made your way over to the bar while Ann and Mario continued to greet guests.

"Well, look who it is," you heard from behind.

You spun on your heel to see the last person you wanted to see tonight.

"What do you want, Reus?" you crossed your arms.

"You know what I want," he looked you up and down, "you with me in my bed tonight."

"You're a pig," you spat.

You absolutely hated Marco. Yes, he was your baby brother's best friend, but he was a terrible person. He was a womanizer and always made crude and gross comments.

"Miss, here's your drink," the bartender piped up.

You took the glass from him, left a tip, and walked away, trying to get as far from Marco as you could. The bass was thumping around the whole room, and you pushed past sweaty couples and groups to get to Sarah.

"I saw you talking to Marco," she rose an eyebrow.

"Ugh, don't even get me started," you sighed, taking a sip of your drink, letting the cool liquid burn the back of your throat.

As the night went on, you mingled with other guests, eventually settling down to talk to one of Ann's photographer friends.

"What's it like having Mario as a brother?" he asked, scooting closer to you.

"Well, it's—" you were cut off by Marco storming toward you, putting his hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/N), can I speak to you?" his eyes were dark, jaw clenched.

"I'm sorry, Marco, but I'm trying to have a conversation here," you shot him a glare.

"I need to speak to you, let's go," Marco moved his hand from your shoulder to your wrist, pulling you up from your seat.

"Marco, what the hell?!"

He dragged you outside of the event space, finally letting go once you were far enough away from the door that you couldn't quickly escape back inside.

"What the hell was that, Marco?!" you fumed.

"I'm trying to protect you!"

"From what?!"

"Could you not see? That ass only wants to get in your pants!" he yelled.

"Like you've never done that before!" you scoffed, your blood boiling, "Why do you even care anyway?! Whenever you aren't trying to get me in bed, you're talking about how I'm a bitch and how much you hate me!"

"I don't hate you," Marco quieted down.

"Really, because it sure seems like it," you rolled your eyes, "I don't think that someone who didn't hate me would treat me like trash, trying to avoid me as much as they can unless they need a booty call."

"I-I.." Marco stuttered, looking down at his feet.

"What, Marco, you what?"

"I only treat you that way because I love you!"

"What?" you looked at him in disbelief.

Marco sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I love you, (Y/N)...but I didn't know how you felt and didn't want to ruin anything between you, me, or Mario, so I pushed you away."

"Marco," you reached for his hand, "you didn't have to do that."

"Yes, I did, or I would have ruined everything."

"No, you wouldn't have."

"How do you know?

"Because I love you, Marco."

"You do?" he looked surprised.

"Yes, and it killed me to have to suppress my feelings because I thought you hated me," you admitted.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N)."

"We can't change the past, Marco, but we still have the future," you smiled.

"You forgive me?"

"If it means that you stop being an ass and at least pretend that you love me," you laughed.

"Definitely can do that," Marco smiled before pulling you closer to him.

"For God's sake, just kiss me, Reus," you said with a smirk.

"Never thought I'd get to hear you say those words, Götze."