Stay with me

Today was Chandler’s birthday, and Monica decided to take him out for the night, and leave me here to look after the apartment. I grabbed some movies, put my hair up in a messy pony tail, and grabbed some blankets and pillow for a camp out in the lounge room. Just as I was putting the movie on, Joey knocked at the door. “Hello” I answered “Hey” he smiled “Chandlers not home, Mon took him out for a night at the hotel...” “Oh... the ‘hotel’” he laughed “So what your here by yourself?” he asked “Yeah... I’m just going to have a movie night with chocolate and pizza” “Surely you can’t eat all of that pizza by yourself...” he hinted. I couldn’t resist those beautiful eyes, “Okay”. In a second he was lying next to me on the couch; his weight caused the couch to drop on his side and my body slid lightly towards him. I wanted so badly to cuddle him. Dammit.

The first few movies were over, and we didn’t have any more food to stuff our faces with. I really didn’t want Joey to leave, I was finally spending some time with him without everyone. Joey brought out a huge blanket, and went under it with me, so I was practically on top of him. He put his arm around me, his hand on my back, slowly moving up and down, creating a calming sensation. I felt safe and secure in Joeys arms. I rested my head on his chest. He smelt so dam good, like a clean man and cologne. The movie ended, leaving the room quiet and dark. “Katie” he whispered “Yeah?” I asked “Stay with me” He spoke softly, running his fingertips over my arm “I want to” I whispered lifting my head up to his. “Then stay” he whispered. Butterflies started racing in my tummy when he said that. I knew we shouldn’t be cuddling when he has a girlfriend, but I couldn’t help myself. His scent, his voice, his touch, just everything I wanted I had. I started to feel my body relax, and felt my heavy eyelids close, then within a few seconds, fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up still on Joey’s chest and his fingertips running slowly up and down my arm. “Morning…” he whispered “Morning…” I smiled. “Wait… did I fall asleep on you?” I asked “Yeah... you drooled on me too” he teased “Oh my god, where?”. Joey chuckled “Wait I didn’t drool!” He laughed, “And they call me the slow one” Joey mocked. I gave him a dirty look before hitting him with the pillow. “You better get up, Chandler and Monica will be here soon” “But why…” he complained “Get up” I said grabbing his arm. Joey grabbed my arm and pulled me back down with him on the couch. “Joey, you have to go” I giggled “I will, eventually” he laughed “you know I would love for you to stay, but the apartment is messy… and Monica will lose it if I don’t clean it. Unless you want to help...” “I’ll get up now”.