Have me. Take me away from here.... Anywhere

Have me. Take me away from here... Anywhere

(Joey’s P.O.V)

I laid down on my recliner chair, thinking about everything that has happened lately. I just had the most amazing night with the most beautiful women, when I have a girlfriend. I have no idea what to do, should I tell Janice? I mean nothing happened, we just fell asleep. “Hey man, do you have a minute?” Chandler asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Yeah man! Come in!” I exclaimed. “So uh, how was your night with Katie? Do you think she could get the spare room or?” “Yeah it was good, something, uh, happened though”. I knew I shouldn’t have said anything, but I needed advice, I needed to get this off my chest. “Really? What?” he asked sitting down beside me, “Katie and I, uh, slept together. But, it wasn’t what you’re thinking. We were just watching movies, you know, and, it got late and we were both pretty tired, so I laid down and put my arm around her to get comfy and she laid down on my chest, and we both fell asleep” I explained, “Did you kiss her?” he grinned “No, I mean sure, I wanted to, but I already have a girlfriend and im unsure”. “What do you mean you’re unsure? You like her or you don’t” “I don’t know if I still like Janice man. We keep having these stupid fights because she doesn’t like my friends. I just don’t know”. “Well, the only thing you could do, would be to spend more time with Katie, and see how your feel towards her”. Chandler was right, I needed to get this under control. “Yeah, Ross, Monica and Me are going out to a party, why don’t you come and I’ll invite Katie?” Chandler suggested “Yeah... Thanks man!” I smiled.

Fortunately, Janice arrived in town early, so I thought I’d better do the right thing and invite her too, at least then I could try to understand what I felt about her. I saw Monica and Katie walking down the stairs, Katie looked absolutely beautiful. The V-neck of her dress made her chest look perfect and her collarbone; I always had a thing for that particular part of a woman’s body. “Ready to go” she said and smiled at me. She had the most amazing smile; that smile of hers made me lose focus. “Of course” I said. Janice got a bit Jealous, and stuck herself in front of Katie, “Let’s go handsome” she said, kissing my check.

We arrived at the party, Ross went straight to the tab to ‘try’ and pick up women, Chandler and Mon just hit the dance floor to try and win stupid contests, but it made them happy. Janice and I just danced, it was great to be with her. After the song ended we went to buy a few drinks. I watched as Chandler spun Katie around; Monica and Ross were too busy trying to do there dance they did when they were kids. I looked over at Ross and Monica, then drew my attention back at Katie, she was making her way towards me with Chandler. “What are you guys doing?” Chandler asked “drinking man” I smiled. Chandler turned his was over to my side, while Katie talked with Janice, “How’s it going man?” he questioned “Good. I mean I like Janice, like I still love her. Katie’s just one of those best friends you think you like, but you’re unsure about” I lied. I wasn’t going to tell chandler how I felt until I knew I was really into her. “Chandler” Janice interrupted “May I have this dance?” “Sure, as long as Joey doesn’t mind?”  “Go ahead, have fun” I smiled. Katie made her way back towards me, “So, are you… are you going to ask me to dance?” she smiled “Sure, I was hoping you would save a dance” I smirked. She grabbed my hand and took me out onto the dance floor, I wrapped my arms around her waist as she pulled her arms around my neck, lightly pulling me towards her. I had a reputation to live up to and she was making it difficult for me to do that. I’ve always been the guy that flirts and never gets too attached. But with Katie, there was something different about her. I found myself thinking about her more then I should, to look in her brown eyes, to smell her scent, and if I was lucky, to hold her. I pulled her against my chest, then her forward and spun her around, she giggled; I loved her laugh, her laugh was one of the first things I fell for when I met her. “No one told me you could dance” she spoke “Yeah, Mon taught me, she said girls like it, so I thought I’d better learn it” I grinned. She bit her bottom lip and I found that looked more than sexy on her. In that moment I wanted nothing more than to kiss her. Of course I knew it wasn’t right, but I couldn’t help it. After a few dances, we started dancing like idiots, joking around and laughing. I loved having her as my best friend.

Monica and Ross decided it was time to leave once they didn’t win the contest. “That was fun, we should do it again” Katie spoke “Yeah, maybe next Friday?” Monica suggested “Sure”. We all said goodnight in hall, “We are so not going out with them ever again” Janice spoke, taking off her coat “What?” “Yeah, Katie is so annoying, and don’t even get me started on Ross”. I couldn’t believe what was coming out of her mouth. That’s why she didn’t want me around them, or what I should say, seeing them. “You don’t hate my best friends do you? Cause uh... That’s going to be a problem” “No, I just, don’t want to be around them every hour of every day” she said, putting her arms around me. “Look Janice, those guys are my family… And, if you can’t get used to seeing them, I don’t think we can work”. Janice let go of her grip, and walked into he bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She came back out with a bag full of clothes “Where are you going?” “To a friend’s house. To let you think. It’s rather your friends or me. You make the choice”.  I couldn’t believe she was making me choose. I heard a knock on door, snapping me out of my thoughts, “Joey” Katie spoke “yeah, come in”. “Are you okay? I heard Janice swear as she was leaving your apartment” she said, sitting beside me “No, Janice and I had a fight. Don’t worry about it, it’ll be fine” I replied. She looked me in the eyes, “I know you’re lying. Your my best friend Joey, I know when your upset”. She knew she was right, dam girls, they know everything. “Come on, we’ll get Pizza from your favourite pizza shop and play video games to make you feel better” She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me off the couch.

We spent the rest of the night playing video games, eating extra cheesy pizza, late night talking. It was great until she had to leave. “Hey Katie” “yeah?” “Thank you for tonight, I know I couldn’t pay for the pizza and stuf-” I was cut off, “It’s okay, don’t worry about it” she smiled. I walked closer and her a tight hug, “It really means a lot that you would stay up until 4 just to make sure im okay” I whispered “Your my best friend Joey, I care about you”.