Part Seven

This part will cover how to bond and become closer to your French Bulldog puppy!

Training- Training is one of the best ways to bond with your Frenchie! French Bulldogs can be very stubborn but you should never give up on training. Training helps you communicate with your Frenchie and create a lasting bond.

Playing- Whether its fetch, tug-o-war, frisbee, or any game your Frenchie enjoys, playing with your Frenchie is a great way to establish a bond between you two. Playing can also help your Frenchie listen better and work harder. 

Stay Calm- Dealing with puppies can be hard work, but never lose your temper or yell at your Frenchie. Even if you are not yelling at your Frenchie, it can still freak them out. 

Learn your Frenchie's body language-Try to figure out signs that your puppy is anxious, scared, or uncomfortable. If you can figure those out you can protect your Frenchie and remove him/her from situations that he/she does not like. Your Frenchie will learn to trust you. 

Figure out your puppy's likes and dislikes- This will keep your Frenchie happy and can even help with training for rewards. For example, most dogs don't like loud noises or strong smells. 

Pet your Frenchie- Petting and grooming your Frenchie can lower their stress level and strengthen the bond between you two.

Tip: Make sure to pay extra attention to things your dog dislikes and don't force him/her into anything! If you absolutely have to do something he/she doesn't enjoy, like a bath, make it a positive experience by giving treats, toys, and lots of praise. Even turning it into a training session, such as teaching your dog the word 'bath' can help!