Chapter 7 ** Last day in the Badlands**

We woke up with plans to see the wild horse sanctuary and the reptile gardens today then tomorrow we would be heading where we wanted to go, just spending time together as we had no planned direction. Ethan was already up, mad coffee and left a note saying he and Judge were at the dog park, so I started making breakfast for us this morning. I fired up some bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns, just finishing when Ethan and Judge came strolling back, Ethan kissed my cheek with a smile as Judge howled softly and we both laughed. I tossed Judge a slice of bacon as he inhaled it then laid down waiting for any more treats from us.

After we ate breakfast, Ethan sharing his bacon with Judge as I slapped him once telling him not to spoil Judge he chuckled nodding yes but still snuck him a piece under the table, I smirked catching Ethan as he chuckled. We cleaned the dishes, leashed Judge and went to pick up our rental car again from the desk at the lodge. Etahn got direction on which way we should go then we loaded up as I rolled down a window in the back for Judge and left the campground.

We stopped at the front of the sanctuary to read the sign as it had some good info on it. The Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary's western location features historic pioneer buildings including; 1870s Fort Robinson set, restored 1890s one-room school house, Native American petroglyph, the Cheyenne River and over 500 wild mustangs. The Sanctuary is privately owned and there are no paved roads and telephone lines. As Ethan pulled into the lot a kind older guy came to us smiling and asked if we would like to join this group, Ethan and I nodded yes then the man said it was okay to bring Judge as long as I held his leash and kept him somewhat quiet. Seeing wild mustangs that this place takes care of was totally cool, Ethan holding me against his chest as Judge behaved, not a bark or growl but his ears stayed up the whole time as he clearly was interested in the horses.

When we got done with the photo part of the tour we wandered through the old set, and buildings, Ethan and I laughed as we wondered what it was like back then, school being so small, life being so rugged and hard. Ethan study the buildings making me chuckle and he smiled since he was going to college for architectural engineering. We thanked the kind man as he smiled telling us to come back anytime, then we got back in the car now to go to the reptile gardens. We both agreed to spend the rest of the day at the gardens as this was our last day ib the badlands so after Etha parked, I took Judge to a grassy part and we played for a bit, Ethan set out water and food for him as I wrapped the end of the leash to the door so he had some shade but still looking tied up. Ethan and I walked to the gated entrance, he paid for us and we walked in as I took a deep breath smelling all the amazing flowers they had around. I took a brochure and Etan read it over my shoulder as he hugged me with my back to his chest.

The brochure said “ Reptile Gardens “ Since our beginning, we have provided a great entertainment experience for literally millions of visitors by giving them the chance to observe exotic animals up close. We place a huge emphasis on finding really rare, unusual or beautiful animals, as well as legendary animals like the deadly Boomslang, the elusive Bushmaster, or even the common garter snake many guests encounter on a regular basis. We also pride ourselves on creating fun reptile enclosures with minerals, woodcarvings, and photos But, we’re not just about the animals! We also showcase a myriad of flowers and flowerbeds, orchids and bromeliads - expanding the park far beyond what Earl could have imagined.

I smiled, Ethan chuckled saying “ A girl, of course baby, the flowers are a main thing to see.” I blushed and he kissed me softly as I moaned then he pulled away saying “ So snakes first then?” I chuckled answering “ Sure sexy, if one gets out though, I don't do snakes just so you know.” He laughed holding my hand and we walked into the door for the snakes part first. All the teens from our camp ground seemed to also be here so we grouped up, I think making some parents nervous as we are now ten teens and not to quiet. Ethan and I chuckled as Liam teased Angie, she had a big phobia about snakes when I gently slapped his arm and he stopped then smirked apologizing to her. Angie and I both were glad when we walked out the the guys decided we would head for the reptiles now when I said “That's cool but, deal is we get food after this, I'm starving, fed me Seymour..” Everyone laughed as Ethan kissed my cheek the we went into the reptile section.

Adventures Of a Teenage Drifterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें